A good steak at home!!

Don
@Rotty Those the ones Aldi are selling? Did they have many in your store? I feel i'll be too late by the time i finish work :(

no that one was 40 quid

I did go in Aldi though and they had 4, 2 weren't very good but I bought the other 2, they don't look a patch on the one I posted but I'm sure they will be fine for the money

Soldato
Yeah thats what i saw but i saw no mention of actual cooking times. Luckily the people in here are near instant at replying :)

Also, for searing it after cooking. I see Rotty uses a chimney starter. Will any blow torch work? I'm got a Rothenberger map gas plumbing torch. Would that do?

Don
Yeah thats what i saw but i saw no mention of actual cooking times. Luckily the people in here are near instant at replying :)

Also, for searing it after cooking. I see Rotty uses a chimney starter. Will any blow torch work? I'm got a Rothenberger map gas plumbing torch. Would that do?

should be ok, some recommend using a blow torch and it in a hot pan at same time to burn any excess gas off and avoiding a butane tang to meat

Soldato
Nice thick cut of steak
Take out the morning of cooking, season however you please but do not put salt on, dries meat out, cover and put in fridge
Take out a few hours before cooking, get to room temperature
Heat a skillet pan so it's smoking, tiny bit of sesame oil in the pan
pop your steak on when the kitchen full of smoke from the hot pan
don't mess with it, don't keep turning it. I do 3 minutes a side for a thick fillet, 90 seconds a side for skinny supermarket cuts for medium
The key is to take out your steak, cover it and let it stand for the same amount of time you cooked it for to drain the blood out. Doing so leaves you a delicious melt in your mouth piece of meat that isn't tough and it's full of flavour.

27483799717_f4b65fd2d8_c.jpg

27483799957_8882603436_b.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour

I've got a Bernzomatic TS8000 torch that I often use. It's a good one to use. Using Map Pro gas too.
I keep looking at getting a searzall in the UK. But rarely available worldwide it seems.

Man of Honour
I've got a Bernzomatic TS8000 torch that I often use. It's a good one to use. Using Map Pro gas too.
I keep looking at getting a searzall in the UK. But rarely available worldwide it seems.

I like my searzall but I actually prefer using my ts8000 by itself much of the time. I'm sure you already know this but don't use the map gas with the searzall if you do get it.

Back
Top Bottom