• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Associate
Your English makes my eyes bleed....

use some eye drops:D please don't join the list of Trolls

Anyone who comes into to the pre-order thread to moan about something not related to preordering should be removed. There’s plenty of other threads active that aren’t for people looking to buy. It just shows you’re butthurt. Needless to say, if you’re that against something you’re probably not going to preorder anyway. “Turing - not for the bottom feeders”

You have your opinion I have mine that is how the forums works personal insults to another member is against the rules:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you guys know for sure what cards are reference PCB? I'm asking because I'll pop in the Alphacool block and want to be sure before I pre-order.

You can usually tell by the power connectors as most of the non-reference boards have extra, but post up which one you are thinking of buying and we'll try to help

Soldato
You can usually tell by the power connectors as most of the non-reference boards have extra, but post up which one you are thinking of buying and we'll try to help

I don’t think that applies now the reference also has 2 x 8 - most of the cards are reference but list unconfirmed. We have a relatively good idea from the ranges listed, those out now probably reference the ones held back not yet developed and AIB (MSI gaming trio looks to be non reference as 8+8+6 power).

Associate
Has anyone else had there pre-order canceled by OCUK? I have just logged on to my account to find my 2080Ti pre-order is listed as 'this order has been cancelled' ....

EDIT: Apologies, this was not an OCUK issue. Order was cancelled by Amazon Pay for unknown reason. OCUK have now reinstated my order at the original price pre-ordered on the 20/08. Thank you OCUK & all on a bank holiday!

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone else had there pre-order canceled by OCUK? I have just logged on to my account to find my 2080Ti pre-order is listed as 'this order has been cancelled' ....

EDIT: Apologies, this was not an OCUK issue. Order was cancelled by Amazon Pay for unknown reason. OCUK have now reinstated my order at the original price pre-ordered on the 20/08. Thank you OCUK & all on a bank holiday!
Glad to hear!

Soldato

I bet that was a shock early on a Monday morning. :p Glad you got it sorted.

Associate
So, I want to pre-order one of the 2080ti's. Of the £1099.99 cards, which do people think to go for?

Zotac Amp Edition
Gigabyte Gaming OC
PNY

I'm kinda thinking the Zotac at the min, based on the problems people had with the Gigabyte 1080ti BIOS.

Or do I spend another £50 and get an EVGA?!

And before the "none of them, save your money idiot!" posts - not interested. i'll just return if the benchmarks aren't any good

Last edited:
Associate
So, I want to pre-order one of the 2080ti's. Of the £1099.99 cards, which do people think to go for?

Zotac Amp Edition
Gigabyte Gaming OC
PNY

I'm kinda thinking the Zotac at the min, based on the problems people had with the Gigabyte 1080ti BIOS.

Or do I spend another £50 and get an EVGA?!

And before the "none of them, save your money idiot!" posts - not interested. i'll just return if the benchmarks aren't any good

I read in many places that EVG 1080 ti FTW3 was one of the best cards, I guess those 50 pounds could be worthy.... I just want to see the clock speeds, they don't have them..

Associate
I read in many places that EVG 1080 ti FTW3 was one of the best cards, I guess those 50 pounds could be worthy.... I just want to see the clock speeds, they don't have them..

Also everyone always mentions how wonderful their customer service / RMA process is... at which point 50 quid might really be worth it!

Associate
I don’t think that applies now the reference also has 2 x 8 - most of the cards are reference but list unconfirmed. We have a relatively good idea from the ranges listed, those out now probably reference the ones held back not yet developed and AIB (MSI gaming trio looks to be non reference as 8+8+6 power).

To be honest, any of them, as long as they are reference PCB.

Soldato
Yeah, pretty much. Although the Duke shot up in price a day later. It's just occurred to me that the Duke is also really, unnecessarily long. 1.6cm longer than the 1080Ti Strix which isn't a short card, either. Not sure it will fit on my rig with the cooler on unless I move my res lol.

Soldato
Yeah, pretty much. Although the Duke shot up in price a day later. It's just occurred to me that the Duke is also really, unnecessarily long. 1.6cm longer than the 1080Ti Strix which isn't a short card, either. Not sure it will fit on my rig with the cooler on unless I move my res lol.

If you look closely you can see the 3rd fan seems to extend out past the edge of the card, I’ve got a pair of Dukes on order as I’ll be water blocking them and they should be decent for future resale when put back together.

To be honest, any of them, as long as they are reference PCB.

Yeah... that was the question, which of them are reference PCB not which can I put the block on.

Soldato
Yeah, I'll be watercooling, but it's 314mm long, and I won't have enough clearance when the card gets here to test it lol. Will be biting my nails if I'm having to wait for the block to arrive. :D

Back
Top Bottom