Fractal Design Meshify C Availability

Associate
Any idea when OCUK would have the new ATX Meshify C by Fractal Design. I am aware that the Define C TG editions are already available.

Thanks in advance

OcUK Staff
Soldato
For anyone interested, the meshify C front panel is compatible with the define C and will be sold on the spare parts website.

I'll be picking one op so i can keep the clear glass window on mine and get better airflow.

Last edited:
Associate
Great. That's the only thing that has been putting me off the meshify. If I'm getting a case with a window I'd like to see through it as much as possible. Although the white pcie slot covers will need changed also

Associate
My main gripe with this case is the foam behind the mesh. Once it gets dusty it looks white and even after cleaning it still shows through the holes. Happen on my ARC and was a reason I swapped out cases. Its nice that fractal are finally doing some tempered glass though. Love their stuff.

Edit just saw a review that mentions the cleaning issue. Such a shame they didn't go with separate filter. Might grab the define C TG instead.

Last edited:
What is this case like for dust build up? Been searching for a new case and love the look of this but just seen the HardwareCanucks vid where he swaps from this to a coolermaster and the dust inside the case was disgusting!! Am i missing something as it seems the Meshify covers all the bases with regards to keeping dust out?

Soldato
The amount of dust on the filters was daft, there was a fair bit inside as well, but it has a thin foam? at the front, behind the metal grill, and a nylon mesh at the bottom. Most of what seemed to be in his case was very fine particulate stuff, which nothing is going to stop. The amount on the front suggests a dusty environment, or at least him not cleaning for a very long time.

I'd say it was more on him, than on the meshify (I got one at the start of this month, so can only tell you about the filters, not the dust buildup.

Another possibility is that his 140mm fans weren't upto the job of drawing air in enough to get positive air pressure, and so dust could simply fall in the case (there's a mesh cover on the top), but I'd guess if he's gone to the effort of replacing the fans, he's probably got fairly good ones in there.

The amount of dust on the filters was daft, there was a fair bit inside as well, but it has a thin foam? at the front, behind the metal grill, and a nylon mesh at the bottom. Most of what seemed to be in his case was very fine particulate stuff, which nothing is going to stop. The amount on the front suggests a dusty environment, or at least him not cleaning for a very long time.

I'd say it was more on him, than on the meshify (I got one at the start of this month, so can only tell you about the filters, not the dust buildup.

Another possibility is that his 140mm fans weren't upto the job of drawing air in enough to get positive air pressure, and so dust could simply fall in the case (there's a mesh cover on the top), but I'd guess if he's gone to the effort of replacing the fans, he's probably got fairly good ones in there.

Thanks Unseul, yeah i was thinking he didnt have positive air pressure with his set up so dust was just seeping in from all the gaps. I cant believe with the mesh and foam that that is going to let that amount of dust inside the case unless like you say he has a massively dusty environment.

Associate
My main gripe with this case is the foam behind the mesh. Once it gets dusty it looks white and even after cleaning it still shows through the holes. Happen on my ARC and was a reason I swapped out cases. Its nice that fractal are finally doing some tempered glass though. Love their stuff.

Edit just saw a review that mentions the cleaning issue. Such a shame they didn't go with separate filter. Might grab the define C TG instead.
Didn't realise you could just pop the front off and wash it! So this is a non issue

Soldato
Yeah, I watched a few reviews on the case, and they all took the whole front off, then left a note saying you could actually just remove the filter, but it was only about the 4th one that actually showed how to do it! Much easier, and wish I'd known how earlier.

I do have to say, looking at the mesh now, I can see some larger dust particles collecting on the mesh, but on thinking about it, I'm quite happy about that, that's the whole point of them, if they aren't stopping it, it's getting in the case!

Soldato
Bit of a bump, but my mesh/foam filter, is definitely getting dusty now, but I'm rather positive about it. Every bit of dust I see, is a bit of dust that would have been in the case. the internals look spotless, and that's what is important.

Soldato
I’ll be buying the white version of this soon, I think it’s awesome.

As for the foam, just hoover it and (at your own risk) give it a gentle wash in soapy water, rinse, pat dry with plenty of kitchen towel and then let air dry. It should be pretty spotless.

Only issue for me is gpu clearance with a front mounted radiator, but I’m hoping my h100 v2 fits in the top.

Associate
Just built in 1.
Running brilliantly. Great temps and airflow.
Have 2x 140 silent wings 3 intake at front.
A Noctua d14 with am4 socket bracket.

Excellent case, if a smidge overpriced, a smidge.

Back
Top Bottom