The Grand Tour - The Game! (PS4 & XB1)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
lolwut.

Amazon Game Studios’ next project is an adaptation of an Amazon Prime Original television show, The Grand Tour, the car enthusiast program hosted by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, all formerly of Top Gear. Aptly titled The Grand Tour Game, the racing game will feature “incredible cars, exotic locations and ridiculous challenges” from the TV series, Amazon said in a news release.

The Grand Tour Game will be delivered episodically alongside season three of the show. It will feature four-player split-screen support and voice-over from Clarkson, Hammond and May. The game will also incorporate footage from the show, with “seamless” transitions between live action and gameplay, according to Amazon.

While the brief peek at gameplay in the above trailer makes The Grand Tour Game look like a straightforward racer, Amazon Game Studios promises “over-the-top power-ups like High Tea, which spills tire-shredding cups and saucers, and More Horsepowers, which lets you blow past the competition.”

The Grand Tour Game is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One “soon.” Season three of The Grand Tour does not yet have an official premiere date.

Amazon Game Studios was founded in 2014. The studios’ other games include New World, a massively multiplayer sandbox game, and Crucible, a sci-fi survival game. The company was also working on a fantasy sports brawler named Breakaway, which was canceled earlier this year.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/21/17765292/grand-tour-video-game-amazon-ps4-xbox-one

Soldato
I'll keep an open mind, it's unlikely to have much or any depth but if they price it as a budget title then it could be a laugh in short bursts.

More likely it'll be blooming awful and a shameless cash-in of course!

Soldato
I'm could out to be ok if they made the gameplay like the Stuntman games...... But that trailer doesn't excite me.

Associate
I am not hopeful for this! Live action mixed with gameplay has never been good in my experience. I would expect a fairly silly/arcade style game from the Grand Tour guys, this trailer doesn't really seem to fit the bill. Ah well, look forward to the reviews next year ;)

Back
Top Bottom