Dynasties - BBC Earth

Soldato
Sir David Attenborough is back this Autumn, can't wait!

'Dynasties' will follow packs of animals in the most critical period in their lives and is already being described as “even more intense and gripping” than Blue Planet and Planet Earth.

The show, which has been four years in the making, will follow the lives of the five animals depicted on its poster – lions, chimpanzees, hunting dogs, emperor penguins and tigers. It will reveal just how challenging life is for each of the five species as their habitats come under increasing pressure from planetary changes and the ever-present threat of humanity.

DlOF_xYXcAA2C9x.jpg:large

Associate
Omg, I've not heard of this at all until now, but this is something I will look forward to. I do love the Blue Planet/Planet Earth documentaries, and for some reason Attenborough just fits so perfect for these kind of documentaries with his voice. Brilliant match in some way.

Associate
Jeez more penguins. I'm kinda bored of penguins and turtles. Seems every nature documentary has to include either or both.

Agreed. There's a list of 'A-list' animals that apparently need to be in all NHU productions. Makes it somewhat tricky as demonstrating new behavior every time won't necessarily be possible.

That said, this show is about following the dynasty of the animals... Following individuals be born and grow up, so you should be seeing something different.

Soldato
Sigh. Obviously love these things in the past but they always choose the famous ones. Elephant, rhino, polar bear, lion, tiger, penguin, chimps, dolphin, etc. They seem to feel like they are just reusing the same footage as a new show. I'd like to see a something completely different that I can't see in a zoo.

Associate
Just about to settle down and watch in 4k hdr. So glad 4k hdr finally became verified for my TV after months of promises!

Edit: so this is just 4k but no hdr? :(

Back
Top Bottom