• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Gonna change to 4k at 120+ hertz when I find a suitable monitor. Quite interested in how they are going to work SLI seeing as these card no longer have the SLI connections.

You mean when they make more to find... there is only at present, the Acer X27 at £2200. Asus will be doing one with that panel supposedly, but expect around the same price. There are not any other 4K G-Sync monitors higher than 60Hz due until next year as far as I'm aware... and nothing has been announced (we can only see panels that are on the way), so there may be delays. You could very easily be sat with an incredibly expensive GPU for months on end with no monitor to really get the most from it (and scant few RTX titles either for that matter). That said, a 3440x1440 ultrawide might be worth considering on the monitor front.

SLI is dead, NVLink is taking its place. They are not the same thing and do not function the same way.

Associate
You mean when they make more to find... there is only at present, the Acer X27 at £2200. Asus will be doing one with that panel supposedly, but expect around the same price. There are not any other 4K G-Sync monitors higher than 60Hz due until next year as far as I'm aware... and nothing has been announced (we can only see panels that are on the way), so there may be delays. You could very easily be sat with an incredibly expensive GPU for months on end with no monitor to really get the most from it (and scant few RTX titles either for that matter). That said, a 3440x1440 ultrawide might be worth considering on the monitor front.

SLI is dead, NVLink is taking its place. They are not the same thing and do not function the same way.

The asus one is already out and currently reduced to a mere £2249, bargain

Soldato

Theres one 144hz 4k screen which is over 2 grand. The other choices are either high ms or a crappy TN panel :/

Last edited:
Soldato
in a moment of weakness bought a 2nd hand 1080ti to replace the 1070. Should be a nice update until 7nm cards are out.

i have put offers in on 3 cards so far, all at £460 and all were rejected. sellers were wanting between £500 and £600 for them.

considering i can get EVGA 1080ti with destiny 2 and that power adapter thingie, for under £630 posted brand new those prices 2nd hand are nuts. sellers choice tho i guess.... the longer i go without the closer we get to actual 2xxxx series benchmarks

Soldato
i have put offers in on 3 cards so far, all at £460 and all were rejected. sellers were wanting between £500 and £600 for them.

considering i can get EVGA 1080ti with destiny 2 and that power adapter thingie, for under £630 posted brand new those prices 2nd hand are nuts. sellers choice tho i guess.... the longer i go without the closer we get to actual 2xxxx series benchmarks

The Ti is commanding a bit of a premium right now. I just sold a 1080 for £300 after delivery in MM. But had to pay £500 for a Ti (ebay).

In terms of shaders the Ti has only 40% more, so not quite equal to the 1080 for price/performance. However, it is far more liekly to hit 4k60.

Last edited:
Soldato
Leaks coming from inside Nvidia? I mean they have had to test the cards and have drivers for them or else how would they have been able to run the presentation.
When it comes to Nvidia and others too, if a leak is real, it's probably not a leak, but intentionally released. Yer job would be on the line.

Soldato

yeah it was an evga 1080ti sc2 gaming from ebay for £500 so about avg price for whats being sold right now. I'm not bothered about it being 2nd hand as long as it doesn't blow up. In a year's time when i go to sell it, it'll be worth the same as the new card would be so it's still £130 in your back pocket. The 1070 is an FE so will probably only get £200-220 for it or a £280 upgrade cost, the new one would be a £410 upgrade which is starting to get a bit silly for the % extra fps I'll be getting. Man maths

Back
Top Bottom