Destiny 2

Soldato
Bought the legendary pack about two weeks ago but haven't played it much only got to level 8. But now forsaken it is out soon what does that mean for my low level character, will I miss out on all the missions and be chucked into forsaken campaign?

Soldato
Bought the legendary pack about two weeks ago but haven't played it much only got to level 8. But now forsaken it is out soon what does that mean for my low level character, will I miss out on all the missions and be chucked into forsaken campaign?

I'd suspect that you can still complete the main vanilla campaign, it should show up as a milestone with the appropriate graphic attached. That should be the same for both DLC packs and Forsaken too.

I think they mentioned that they were going to provide something similar to the spark of light from D1 which raises your level to that of a competitive level for the Forsaken campaign.

Soldato
Also... those with the retail disc copy of D2....

Delete the game, download the free PS Plus copy of D2 and install.

You now can launch the game, with progress and Forsaken without the need for the noisey disc startup :)

Soldato

Assuming the same thing happens as it did in D1 with the expansions, you won't be able to access the forsaken missions / story line until you hit a certain power level. You will probably need to complete the vanilla story and possibly one or both of the existing expansions to get your power level high enough (mid 350's after Warmind).

As Parsnip mentions there should be a "spark" or equivalent which will make you Forsaken ready out of the box.

I ordered up the Digital deluxe last night so will be ready for the 4th. Ran a bit with the Mrs last night and quite like the new weapon options. Mrs got a sodding Forsaken gun from Ana whilst I only got the glitchy legs....

EDIT: Just seen this pretty good guide for the new weapon slot changes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...utm_name=DestinyTheGame&utm_content=t3_9b97fn

I must admit I was a little confused at first as I hadn't really been paying attention to the vidocs and assumed you could move weapons between slots.

Last edited:
Associate
I've gone back to it after 4 months and I have no idea what's going on

Probably best to do all the story content you can and then after that just do the usual like grind stuff like strikes and public events to get all your weapons to the right light and do the powerful engram stuff. I bought Warmind but didn't really play it much consistently and have no idea what quests etc I should be concentrating on or what the different token quests in my inventory do. I'm just waiting on Forsaken now to be on a fresh start.

Its all changing to planetary mats for infusing now so that should be fun, get quite a few for heroic events though.

Caporegime
OK how on earth do i play gambit?? no tutorial, no help im stuck and annoyed. I collect motes and no idea how or where to deposit lol..
Go on YouTube and search for a guy called houndish, he has a vid up explaining how gambit works which I’ve posted below.

But in a nutshell you collect as many motes as possible then run to your vault which is in the middle of the map...slam them in and go to where more enemies spawn and rinse repeat. Then you can spawn in the other teams area, kill them and steal their motes etc.

But watch the video below:

https://youtu.be/3HBvJMP5Rfs

Associate
Good guide here for faster leveling in Forsaken (I know some like to chill with the content so not really for them) or just to remind you of some of the time sapping mistakes that you can make while trying to level like doing your milestones at a low level/under the soft cap for example.

With the way Destiny 2 currently works its hard to get past a certain point with 1 character and even harder if you make some of the mistakes. Hopefully Forsaken will change leveling up a bit. Hope Gambits good for increasing your light.

Soldato
From what I understand there will be a lot more chances / choices to get gear now. The real grind will come with the (re) introduction of random rolls for both armour and weapons.

The 4 day reset (raids still on weekly) will certainly mean there should be something to do, especially if you have 3 characters.

Now I just need to get my Titan up to 30 tonight and probably check if I can download Forsaken yet on PC (I have it on both PC and PS4 albeit the latter is my primary). :)

Back
Top Bottom