Reporting front-end

Soldato
Hi all

I have a MySQL database that I'm looking to generate some reports out of. Ideally I want a PHP front end that allows for the designing, creating, generating and automating of basic reports from this set of data. If it can have some kind of UI that allows you to select drop down lists and select filters etc. that would be ideal, preferably with some sort of export to pdf/excel/html

Probably asking a lot especially as I need it to be free/opensource. Any ideas or recommendations?

- GP

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies both. Kibana I had a brief look at so will check that out again along with Jasper, thanks for the idea. If they ""fail"" for me then falling back to Excel/Libreoffice integration may be all I can do

Appreciate the input guys

- GP

Soldato
OP
Not sure Splunk will work too well. The sort of data were looking at here is from an IPAM database so were looking at devices, status, IPs, locations, circuits etc. most of the reporting will simply be returning lists of information based on filters rather than compiling numerical data. The idea of a front end simply means its easier for me to use than trying to stitch tables together using drop downs on a web page to export things like "all sites with XXX ISP and XXX type of firewall". To be fair Excel may well be the best option but i just need to see if theres anything fancier out there thats client less. Appreciate the ideas though

- GP

Back
Top Bottom