Speakers for Tv

Associate
so I think my tv speakers have blown or something, every time I put the tv up past a certain volume it starts getting distorted especially if there’s any bass, but the volume that it’s fine with isn’t the best for hearing.

Can anyone recommend a set of speakers that I can use to hook up to my TV I’m not bothered about loud speakers or the best speakers just something that’s good for TV viewing, clear and crisp and not to bassy! Have tried a couple soundbars but the bass always comes through to much and you can hear it when people are meant to be speaking!

Just looking for 2.0 speakers are Edifier good?

Soldato
Edifier speaker are quite decent and doesn't cost a lot of money.

But to be honest any half-decent active speakers (2.0 or 2.1) would sound better than the weak TV speaker.

Soldato
Edifier's are good, but the R1600T III isn't really a good choice for using from distance because they are angled upwards. They are designed for close listening.

R1280T are a much better choice because they are straight forward firing.

I'd probably go for the R1280T if you are going to use them for music as well, but just for TV use, the cheaper R980T will probably be ideal.

Associate
OP
My tv is maybe about 3-4m away so maybe. Won’t go for the R1600’s then.
The R1280’s look pretty good with they were wall mountable though! I could just have them on the dresser though.
Not much price difference between them and the R980’s is see

Soldato
My tv is maybe about 3-4m away so maybe. Won’t go for the R1600’s then.
The R1280’s look pretty good with they were wall mountable though! I could just have them on the dresser though.
Not much price difference between them and the R980’s is see
The R980 is although has a higher power output than the 1600T Plus, audio performance wise it is considering slightly lower than it.

The R1280T should be pretty good for the money, but if you want them to sound the better, you'd probably have to get the slightly higher price Bluetooth+Digital Input version, as the analog output from the TV generally are quite poor.

Soldato
A soundbar with better controls would be an option. With mine the subwoofer can be turned down to point where it barely registers. There are also controls to enhance the dialogue.

Associate
OP
The R1280T should be pretty good for the money, but if you want them to sound the better, you'd probably have to get the slightly higher price Bluetooth+Digital Input version, as the analog output from the TV generally are quite poor.

If I got this then I could run a optical cable,
Not sure if my telly supports Bluetooth I’d have to check. It is a smart tv but needs a dongle for WiFi so might not have Bluetooth.

A soundbar with better controls would be an option. With mine the subwoofer can be turned down to point where it barely registers. There are also controls to enhance the dialogue.

I’ve tried a Samsung one and also a LG one but the first was to bassy for tv and the latter to tinny!

I was looking at the sky sound bar as that’s meant to change depending on what you watch as it’s synced to your sky box but at that price I’d rather just buy a new tv

Associate
Seems my free shipping isn’t working though! Still wants to add £10.50:confused:
Odd, just checked and it comes back as free for me. Maybe try logging out the website, adding to basket, log back in and see if it recognises you. Otherwise maybe worth a phone call to see if they can process it that way.

Soldato
have you thought about a soundbar? ive got an old LG 2.0 thats decent, okay no bass, but not designed to, but good for vocal, so would be ideal for a tv, you probably better off with one with bass either via a sub or Logik brand one for example thats got bass built into the bar.

that is assuming you got space to place one lol.

Back
Top Bottom