SCUM The Game - Survival

Associate
Well got a refund but went out and rebrought it a hour later lol, managed to get the problem with 4k working and that was not use 4k for now, go to 2k or what ever it's called there was a fix log file, to change it I followed on the steam forum fix and it worked make sure you change the folder options to show all folders else you will not see the scum folder, this cost me a few hours to find out.

This game has been in development for 2 years and I can honestly say it's nearly if not better than dayz, it seems to have caught up with dayz in half the time, me and a friend have had a good few hours and we both like it yeah there is issues to iron out but god for £15 it's a steal in our eyes.

Caporegime
all the good loot spots seem to have robots.

visit the hydro dam one time, the thing is absolutely massive.

I came to it from behind so ended up standing on the very top and it's mental just how far down you are looking, made me really paranoid about standing near the edge.
then took me about 20-30minutes to walk down the side of the mountain and reach the base of it for some crazy good loot

Associate
If people did their research, they'd realize it's a survival game in the same vein as DayZ, not a PUBG clone or twitch shooter. You can't expect to be able to jump straight into a squad and get kitted out within the first five minutes! You need to be able to coordinate, navigate the terrain, arrange a meeting point using a familar landmark, and then proceed to a popular loot spot. It's not rocket science, but it certainly demands more than 60 minutes of gameplay!

It seems people these days want mindless run-and-gun action to spike their dopamine levels, lol. I strongly suggest you hang on for Battlefield V or Black Ops 4 if that's the case!

Last edited:
Soldato
You are enjoying it how so ? I had this marked on my wishlist for the singleplayer aspect as I`m not bothered about online and was wondering whether to buy it especially at a reasonable price (see that other thread about someone wanted games to be £80....) it could be one of those games I buy and leave it for a year till its been patched to death and then try it. Think I might take a punt.

there's not much to do in single player but explore, gear up and kill zombies.

online is about the same but with other players.

mostly pvp seems to be when the events go off in a certain zone or at the airfield and gearing up is pretty easy if you don't be a town dweller looking for grammas shotgun.
It's definitely a game to be played with other people in the same world.

map is massssiiivvvve so you can pretty much choose not to encounter people if you wish and there's so many military sites on the map that they unlikely to be a centre of conflict or greifing

The things you likely want just aren't in the game yet

the price is only going to go up as they add more stuff so you might wan't to just buy it whilst it's cheap anyway.

you probably still get a good ammount of hours just roaming around checking out the map

About right.
Green Hell is ok. But I've stopped playing that because most of the content is not in yet.

Soldato
If people did their research, they'd realize it's a survival game in the same vein as DayZ, not a PUBG clone or twitch shooter. You can't expect to be able to jump straight into a squad and get kitted out within the first five minutes! You need to be able to coordinate, navigate the terrain, arrange a meeting point using a familar landmark, and then proceed to a popular loot spot. It's not rocket science, but it certainly demands more than 60 minutes of gameplay!
This is the reason I was interested because its not PUBG, although not sure how I will get on with it as I dont often get the chance to game for a couple of hours. Bought the supporter version though. Think I might have a dabble then sit on it for a while till its more developed.

Associate
Going to give this another shot end of the day it's the price of a round of drinks at a cheap pub lol

Think it deserves more of a chance. Rebought

LOL me and you have had a 4 k journey, i must say on 2 k its bloody stunning, for some reason for other games my monitor looks bad on 2k but this does work strange.

4k will be amazing but i do need to get rid of this 980ti :)

Caporegime
Guys is this game like dayz KOS?, is it PvP or pve?
survival pvp but mostly the pvp is signing up to events where apparently you don't use your own gear or lose your own gear if u die

can get really well geared in about 30 minutes it's not hard so death isn't a big deal anyway

Back
Top Bottom