What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Some of you have some amazing watches from a quick glance through the thread!

Just wondered if someone could advise on a cheap/cheerful strap for me at all?
Try a NATO strap on it, they're easy to swap in/out, comfortable and fairly stylish. Look up ZuluDiver on Amazon.

On the subject of new straps my daily driver is a Tissot T-Touch Classic that I recently swapped to a cheap blue silicone strap from Amazon, much preferring it over leather. Anyone have any recommendations for decent quality Silicone straps that won't break the bank?
5DqFFZP.jpg
popup.html

Last edited:
Associate
Hi folks!

MY father wears a Rolex Datejust which was purchased new 5 years ago. I understand that Rolex's are meant to be serviced from time to time. Can anyone elaborate on how often, cost and necessity. Its no longer in warranty so I can't invalidate the warranty by not getting it serviced so why bother? Will it effect the resale value if I don't get it serviced?

Also whats the best way to clean it? After daily wear its a bit dirty. I read on the Rolex website that just warm soapy water and a soft brush or cloth.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I inherited my Dad's Air King Date 18 years ago - it's never been serviced since then and still keeps perfect time!

Soldato
I'm currently wearing a Daniel Wellington watch, he seems to have got really big all of a sudden?

My girlfriend and I have had ours for a while now. I have also recently purchased one of the new collection with bracelet for her. It looks rather nice!

Getting rid of social media and changing my number means a smart watch is totally useless now.

Associate
Hi folks!

MY father wears a Rolex Datejust which was purchased new 5 years ago. I understand that Rolex's are meant to be serviced from time to time. Can anyone elaborate on how often, cost and necessity. Its no longer in warranty so I can't invalidate the warranty by not getting it serviced so why bother? Will it effect the resale value if I don't get it serviced?

Also whats the best way to clean it? After daily wear its a bit dirty. I read on the Rolex website that just warm soapy water and a soft brush or cloth.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Clean it like Rolex tell you how to. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that a question or a statement? :confused:

From googling it looks like yet another fashion brand whose logo happens to look at a glance very much like Christopher Wards.
It is, unfortunately. Internals are the same as watches costing a couple of dollars on Alibaba but with the DW logo on they ask over a tonne. Whoever created that brand has done well!

Soldato
I stand corrected!

this is the guy who services my watches and his opinion on servicing

http://watchguy.co.uk/how-often-does-a-watch-need-a-service/
I totally get this approach, and agree with it, except for if the watch goes near water. Then the seals need to be tested (which is what he did to ascertain that the seals were still tight!) and that involves a trip to a watchmaker, which he can do for free because he's a watchmaker.

Associate
I totally get this approach, and agree with it, except for if the watch goes near water. Then the seals need to be tested (which is what he did to ascertain that the seals were still tight!) and that involves a trip to a watchmaker, which he can do for free because he's a watchmaker.

A pressure test is not a service though. It's either free from your AD or a token amount. A service involves taking the watch and movement apart :)

Soldato
A pressure test is not a service though. It's either free from your AD or a token amount. A service involves taking the watch and movement apart :)
I'm aware of the differences, hence why I suggested at least having it tested! But I was not aware it could be got for free. My local watchmaker wanted £50 (hence why he's no longer 'my' one!).

Associate
Back
Top Bottom