The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I've been reading bad things regarding the betas lately , have you updated @HeX ?

If so , any issues ?

Still running 4.60 at the moment as my OC is solid and my memory is running full speed so haven't bothered to update it.

4.80 seems to be a mixed bag, some saying it's broken their OC, others saying they can get much more out of their memory now.

As with all BIOS updates it's a suck it and see! Or if you're happy with your current set up, leave well alone!

Associate
Still running 4.60 at the moment as my OC is solid and my memory is running full speed so haven't bothered to update it.

4.80 seems to be a mixed bag, some saying it's broken their OC, others saying they can get much more out of their memory now.

As with all BIOS updates it's a suck it and see! Or if you're happy with your current set up, leave well alone!

tbh , i was already on that train of thought.
its been running fine so i cant see much point in rocking the boat , as advised i'll leave it alone.

Associate
Seem to have run into a strange problem here. Trying to update bios to the beta 4.81 with instant flash.. Something I've done plenty times in the past. Have my USB stick formatted in FAT32 and copied over the file but in the bios when I go to run instant flash it searches the USB stick and I can see it listing the new bios but it then comes up with no image file detected.

This is for the x370 taichi with the beta file downloaded directly from the support page.

Any ideas?

Man of Honour
Seem to have run into a strange problem here. Trying to update bios to the beta 4.81 with instant flash.. Something I've done plenty times in the past. Have my USB stick formatted in FAT32 and copied over the file but in the bios when I go to run instant flash it searches the USB stick and I can see it listing the new bios but it then comes up with no image file detected.

This is for the x370 taichi with the beta file downloaded directly from the support page.

Any ideas?
Tried a different USB stick? Different USB slot (if allowed)?

Soldato
Interesting finding following an interesting article from Hardware.fr (http://www.hardware.fr/articles/959-5/nouvel-agesa-diminuer-latence-ram.html)

Basically the latest BIOS with the new AGESA microcode from AMD introduced a memory related option to improve RAM compatibility. This options is called "Bank Group Swap" in the Asrock bios and if you leave it on "Auto" the latest BIOS will disable it (again to improve compatibility) but it will cost you performance wise. So if like me you never had an issue running with it enable before (meaning with the previous BIOS/AGESA) you're better off enabling it manually. In my case you can see the difference in the below screenshots.

ON

OFF

I tried toggling this on my asrock b450 pro 4 board, and the difference was zilch, nothing other than normal variance, I expected some kind of difference tho so I wonder if the bios option is broken on my board/bios. I tried auto, enabled and disabled.

Given my cpu is higher clock speed than yours I would say my result is closer to your off result, depending on how your geardown is set.

With geardown enabled I get 74ns, with it disabled 71ns, the cpu clock is 4.15ghz during the test on a 2600X.

Your cache and memory throughput results are all way down on mine, the ram itself on the tests running similar to yours at 3200CL16 probably different subtimings tho.

Soldato
This is also posted elsewhere on the forum.

Just put a Ryzen build with the above board and it is not see in my Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) M.2-2280 PCI Express 3.0

Bios updated even tried it in the other slot M.2 slot but nothing. Other SSD's register just the M.2 which would be my boot drive does not.

do not know what if anything i can try to resolve it, I see there is plenty on the net about this issue with Asrock 350 boards and one or two on the 450 but no definitive fix.

Anyone got a clue or should I RMA the board?

Soldato
There is an option in the bios to turn nvme on and off, its off by default because it disables some SATA ports.

If you really cannot find it I will take a photo off it, I dont know off hand where it is in the bios.

Associate
The latest 5.10 BIOS states that I have to have the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver installed. Does this mean I can't use the BIOS with an Nvidia card?

Back
Top Bottom