• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 5960K

Associate
It depends . A 5960x that only clocks to 4.3 i would say no , not at that price. However a good clocking 5960x or 6900k would give your x99 a few more years.

X99 is still a fantastic platform and with a 5820k you still have an upgrade path.

Associate
OP
Now I have had the chance to look around, what you lads are saying is correct that price is high but it is surprising how pricing on the hazwells as dropped. If I did go for the 8 core I would have to sell on the 5820k which I would not get a lot for. I will have to give him the bad news ;) but for now I will wait to see what happens when the new 9000 6 and 8 cores hit the shelfs could be a flood of S/H cpu`s for sale. :D

Soldato
Now I have had the chance to look around, what you lads are saying is correct that price is high but it is surprising how pricing on the hazwells as dropped. If I did go for the 8 core I would have to sell on the 5820k which I would not get a lot for. I will have to give him the bad news ;) but for now I will wait to see what happens when the new 9000 6 and 8 cores hit the shelfs could be a flood of S/H cpu`s for sale. :D

If you can get his for £200 then that would be ok. I sold my 5930k for £140.so £60 to future proof is fine by me. It's still better than and lots of modern 8 core CPUs. I'm in fear of mentioning thier maker

Associate
If you can get his for £200 then that would be ok. I sold my 5930k for £140.so £60 to future proof is fine by me. It's still better than and lots of modern 8 core CPUs. I'm in fear of mentioning thier maker

DON'T ! That weirdo will be right in here spouting all manor of BS and posting his 3 favorite youtube videos , you'd almost think he was being paid by *** :)

Soldato
DON'T ! That weirdo will be right in here spouting all manor of BS and posting his 3 favorite youtube videos , you'd almost think he was being paid by *** :)

The same regurgitated screenshots we seen in every thread that originated from the fat yank who's previously been caught out as a liar? :D

Is 4.3ghz the absolute max? I.E does the owner know what he is 100% doing?

Soldato
The same regurgitated screenshots we seen in every thread that originated from the fat yank who's previously been caught out as a liar? :D

Is 4.3ghz the absolute max? I.E does the owner know what he is 100% doing?

At least he works for a living :D

Back on track.... I was thinking the same. Some people go for a low clock for ease or temps. I go full beams usually. But with cpus being far better than my needs there's no point pushing and wasting time trying

Associate
OP
If you need the extra PCIe lanes and are using it for more than gaming then offer £200-250 for it. A 5960x at 4.3GHz is certainly no slouch!

Yes it is a fair price but I was not looking to upgrade my 5820k but the offer came up and when l looked at pricing with some very big drops for what are still very relevant CPU's when it comes to performance it got me thinking maybe I should.

Back
Top Bottom