• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
For those of you who went with the Vodafone 1 month rolling. Do you have to activate the sim first or can I just call and tell them to cancel my account?

Ta

Soldato
For those of you who went with the Vodafone 1 month rolling. Do you have to activate the sim first or can I just call and tell them to cancel my account?

Ta

its easier if you use the voda sim in the phone to call and cancel.

but guess you can call from another phone and them your details

Soldato
My battery life has turned around, thank goodness. I was burning 6-7% an hour, almost regardless if I used it or not. I factory reset on Thursday evening and it's been much better since. I'm approaching 4 hours since coming off charge and still at 92%.

Soldato
After seeing that I put mine up for £40, sold almost instantly. Will buy me a charger for the device.

Mine went for £87. Effectively brought the cost of the device down under £700 for me, which is quite a bargain. It got me thinking about getting the S4 tablet when you factor in the sale of the skin, it's quite cheap :)

Got a USB Type-C to HDMI cable the other day, DeX is quite impressive tbh (never used it before). I fancy getting a couple more adapters or cables, just to have them dotted about, one in the car, one in my rucksack, just so I could use them on someone's TV if the need should arise. When my controller arrives, it will be interesting to try a few games through it on the TV.

I forget it I've mentioned it already too, but it's nice having Mobeam again too. I'm assuming Mobeam is still what's letting my Note 9 be used as a barcode at the tills anyway. I have my loyalty card and discount card in Samsung Pay as well as a payment card, so no need for my wallet now! Pretty much no other devices other than Samsung can do this on older infra red scanning tills as far as I know. It ****** my iPhone owning friends off anyway.

Soldato
Few buyers were suspicious at my low buy it now, but the lad who bought it has confirmed it's been added to his account so he's over the moon.Must be getting old though as I didn't think much of the game though to be honest.

Mobeam seems discontinued, is it integrated into the Samsung barcode reader?

Soldato
@AndyCr15

How are you finding the change from the 2XL? Particularly from stock Android to the Samsung UI? I like my 2XL a lot but you know, a new shiny and all that :D... The one major reason to keep the Pixel for me is the stock OS, not to mention day 1 software updates. Plus I find Samsung's gratuitous duplication of perfectly good Google apps quite annoying.
Are you happy to make those concessions for the hardware improvement?

Associate
Some of the Samsung apps are better then Googles apps, imo.

Samsung Browser is way better than Chrome. Samsung Calendar is another good one, as is Samsung Weather.

Not all the duplicated apps are bad.

Soldato
@AndyCr15

How are you finding the change from the 2XL? Particularly from stock Android to the Samsung UI? I like my 2XL a lot but you know, a new shiny and all that :D... The one major reason to keep the Pixel for me is the stock OS, not to mention day 1 software updates.

It's possibly the first time I've not wished a device had stock Android... if I were to lose some of the Samsung features. I've just been playing with DeX for example. Wow, it's really quite cool.

Stock apps are sometimes a little simple/basic. Manufacturer apps are often over engineered, overly complicated and with options you just don't need or want. I think Samsung are heading towards a pretty good middle ground if I'm honest.

Soldato
You can create your own fortnite account, play it on your note and once you get the skin sell that account.

Or

As buyers will generally have their own account, usually a high level, ideally they'll give you their details and you play their account on your phone,this is what I did. They can be a bit hesitant about giving their details though, and of course you yourself could be shafted if they say it wasn't redeemed.

Luckily I got a genuine seller and it all went smoothly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom