Destiny 2

Associate
From what I understand there will be a lot more chances / choices to get gear now. The real grind will come with the (re) introduction of random rolls for both armour and weapons.

The 4 day reset (raids still on weekly) will certainly mean there should be something to do, especially if you have 3 characters.

Now I just need to get my Titan up to 30 tonight and probably check if I can download Forsaken yet on PC (I have it on both PC and PS4 albeit the latter is my primary). :)

That's good to hear because logging in on a tuesday and then having no reason to bother until the week after became stale quick. Why they went with that for a full year is anyone's guess, maybe to keep the casuals coming back, guaranteed loot is one thing but nothing else after that ruined things a bit.

I'll no doubt see you and others on for a raid when I get my light up.

Associate
A Destiny add on and I'm not excited....... I think I may be done with Destiny.

Hopefully it'll be a good expansion Davie so you feel the need to have a blast. I think your one of the D1 launch day guys and were slowly dwindling away thanks to some insane decisions from Bungle, I took a break but always intended coming back to see what Forsaken brought to the table.

There's a group of about 20 people that raid n stuff on PS4 for anyone on ocuk that posts in here and reads this join on (I know your already in Davie). Its just a group where people post messages and get raids together etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got this through PS+ last night, it was doing a 59gb download after the initial 8gb downloaded. I gave up and went to sleep, no idea if it finished downloading.

Anyway, never played Destiny so Destiny 2 is even more of a mystery. Am I going to get annihilated constantly. I hate games (Battlefield 1) where I literally never get better because I am dead all the time.

Associate
I've recently reinstalled D2, partly because it was available to download on PSN and because I've just got a PS4 Pro and wanted to see what the game looked like. I'm quite interested in this expansion, I just hope it's good. I might wait a little bit to see what people think and pick it up if it seems good. Would be fun to run some NFs, IB etc. with you guys again.

Associate
I've recently reinstalled D2, partly because it was available to download on PSN and because I've just got a PS4 Pro and wanted to see what the game looked like. I'm quite interested in this expansion, I just hope it's good. I might wait a little bit to see what people think and pick it up if it seems good. Would be fun to run some NFs, IB etc. with you guys again.

Jump in the PS4 group if your not already in, there'll be plenty of people playing the new expansion I would have thought.

Don't know if I can add people, not sure if its the group creator or not?

Think there's space in the clan also.

I got this through PS+ last night, it was doing a 59gb download after the initial 8gb downloaded. I gave up and went to sleep, no idea if it finished downloading.

Anyway, never played Destiny so Destiny 2 is even more of a mystery. Am I going to get annihilated constantly. I hate games (Battlefield 1) where I literally never get better because I am dead all the time.

Its not too bad if you do the PVE content to get used to it. The harder stuff comes with end game but by then you'll have a good grasp on things. PVP is just sort of knowing the maps because you'll learn what your guardian can do from PVE.

Associate
Is anyone around on xbox tonight to run a standard raid? It's one of the things I still need to get done before year 2, already earned the t-shirt so no need to worry about that.

Associate
I've been playing this over the last few days, and just reached level 20. I might get the expansions at some point in the future but not in a position to just now.

I'm unclear how gearing exactly works - is it still worth me increasing my light level now, or is it like most MMOs where any gear will be redundant as soon as I pick up the expansion?

Associate
I've been playing this over the last few days, and just reached level 20. I might get the expansions at some point in the future but not in a position to just now.

I'm unclear how gearing exactly works - is it still worth me increasing my light level now, or is it like most MMOs where any gear will be redundant as soon as I pick up the expansion?

Pretty much. There is normally something called a 'Spark of light' that will insta boost your characters up to an appropriate light level for the Forsaken DLC if you have the DLC add on installed.

Shawrey

Soldato
Got my code from amazon and went through this: https://prnt.sc/kqfcrj

Does that mean its showing as activated, or just the available DLC..? I'm so confused, first time I did a code like this. nothing on PS4, no pre patch etc.

On my PS4, clicking the Forsaken icon on the map shows "purchase" icons.. ??

Soldato
Got this while it was free, enjoying the single player stuff so far like i did with Destiny 1. Its not a game i would pay for again i have no interest in multiplayer stuff.

Soldato
Got my code from amazon and went through this: https://prnt.sc/kqfcrj

Does that mean its showing as activated, or just the available DLC..? I'm so confused, first time I did a code like this. nothing on PS4, no pre patch etc.

On my PS4, clicking the Forsaken icon on the map shows "purchase" icons.. ??

It may change when Forsaken unlocks. Remember it technically doesn't go live until 6PM tonight (UK time).

Associate
Just finished downloading / installing update and we are live.

Solo at the moment as non of my mates have this game anymore but looks good on PS4 pro!

Caporegime
Going to power level up by farming public events before starting the storyline. Get myself up to the soft cap then hit the storyline.
If you guys are attempting to do the same then make sure u have a 10% xp ghost equipped and if in a fireteam, use the fireteam medallions.

Back
Top Bottom