New PSU for future build

Associate
I am looking to complete a new build over the coming months with the following spec.

Needed
Intel I9-9900k
NZXT Kraken X72 or EK MLC Phoenix or similar (may go full custom loop if feeling adventurous)
Z390 Mobo
16gb DDR 4 Trident Z RGB (or similar)
PSU

Already Have
Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme
Evolv X Case (on pre order)
Samsung 970 Pro Nvme (512Gb) (may purchase additional Nvme drive)
Samsung 960 EVO SSD (256GB)
Samsung 950 PRO SSD (256GB)

For PSU I'm currently thinking Season Focus Gold 850w but I am open to other peoples thoughts and opinions other PSU I considered was the Phanteks Revolt X 1000w but can't see me ever using the dual PC features of the case so think thats a little overkill!

Interested in other peoples thoughts are there some other PSU's that I should seriously be considering?

Last edited:
Soldato
have a look at riotoro, just a rebadged Focus unit with £20+ off .

whisper units on here are tier one and either few £ more of less then Focus units

bequiet are silent but you pay the price for it

aorus upcoming unit falls inbetween Focus Gold and Focus Plus but is plat rated in price and performance

Associate
OP
have a look at riotoro, just a rebadged Focus unit with £20+ off

Thanks learn something new every day! I will take a look is that the Enigma G2 850w? the others on there site don't look fully modular?

I will take a look at some reviews etc on the models mentioned I have a month or so to wait for some of the parts I want anyway so in no rush.

Thanks for your input

Soldato
Thanks learn something new every day! I will take a look is that the Enigma G2 850w? the others on there site don't look fully modular?

I will take a look at some reviews etc on the models mentioned I have a month or so to wait for some of the parts I want anyway so in no rush.

Thanks for your input

thats the one, 10 year warranty still but RMA is based on company you get it from . initially they were only going to do 7 years to reflect the price difference

Back
Top Bottom