• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Hmm, so actually I found the option in Advanced Features -> Accessories -> Fast wireless charging... and it's on

So, it turns out my first fast wireless charger really is a fast wireless charger, but only if I use the official wall plug. I have a high Watt multi USB port thingy, which fast charges just about everything, but not this. That's annoying, another plug now used.

The second 'fast' wireless charger, wont fast charge no matter which wall plug I use.

Don
I've not used a wireless charger for a while and I have noticed that the official fast wireless charger is taking a lot longer to charge than the wired fast charger I had with my Note 8. I wasn't sure if that was down to the larger battery or whether wirless chargers just don't charge as quick.

Associate
I guess on iOS it wont let you back them up to Google Drive? Now you're on a good OS ( ;) ) you don't need to worry. Have it set to backup each night, when you change phones to another Android you can just press restore.

Generally you don't. Can I ask why you did on iOS? I assume to save battery? Android manages it all for you now and it can actually cause more drain if you kill them all the time. A lot of them will need to be open, or you open them and it takes more to open them from fully closed. If you must, press the app switching button (by default the left one) at the bottom it says 'Close all'. Hit that. As I say, I would try and get out of the habbit tbh.

The other route, go to settings, Device Maintenance -> Battery and hit 'SAVE POWER'. If you know something need to run in the background, you can set it in 'Unmonitored apps' on that same page.

Ok cheers. As you say, I used to close them down to stop them using my battery on my Iphone 7.
If android does the ob for me, then I'm more than happy to let it.

Caporegime
I definitely have settled into this phone, it really is the best incremental update I have had so far. Everything just feels a little more polished and refined compared to my Note 8. I am still unsure about the battery though, it has the lasting power - but as I said before, the SoT seems a little hit and miss.

Associate
CPW paid the online trade in for my S8+ today. No confirmation via email or text, just appeared! Got the extra £200 though so can't grumble.

Caporegime
Any TG screen protector recommendations. Will likely end up with the ridiculously expensive Whitestone DIY UV but would like to see decent alternatives before buying.

Edit - wow the reviews on Amazon don't bode well.

Soldato
OP
Any TG screen protector recommendations. Will likely end up with the ridiculously expensive Whitestone DIY UV but would like to see decent alternatives before buying.

Edit - wow the reviews on Amazon don't bode well.

Did you see AndyCr15's review of a screen protector few pages back ? cheaper than whitestone

Soldato
Soldato
Expensive as the Whitestone is its the only one that allows a perfect install because of the jig.

Tips.

Make sure that your surface is completely level.

Make sure you use the dust removal stickers.

When using the tilt on the jig to move the adhesive into position let the adhesive hit the underside of the glass before releasing the glass tab.

Cure the adhesive initially whilst the phone is still in the jig don't remove the lid of the jig before curing.

L33

L33

Permabanned
Unpopular opinion but I think all of these tempered glass protectors are an eyesore. They leave a noticeable and unsightly ridge all around the device and either have that awkward looking cutout at the top, or a black strip with clear masks for camera & sensors which stands out like a sore thumb. They're also completely lacking the anti-reflection and oleophobic coatings so they just look shiny, reflective and tacky like one of the cheap untreated chinese replicas.
I can understand why people use them I'm just surprised there isn't a better solution.

Soldato
Unpopular opinion but I think all of these tempered glass protectors are an eyesore.

I can understand why people use them I'm just surprised there isn't a better solution.

I'm not sure you do if you think people put them on as they look good?! :p

I managed to slightly pull mine off yesterday and so have decided to completely remove it. I almost always do this though, have it on for about a week then change my mind.... :)

Associate
Quick question. I'm debating on getting the note 9 from CPW, if I put in my S8+ I will get £440 back as part-ex. I see they are offering an extra £100 if you take a pay monthly sim at the same time. So has anyone taken the PX offer and taken out the pay monthly sim and then cancelled the sim pay monthly, if so do you still keep the extra £100.

Thanks

Don
Quick question. I'm debating on getting the note 9 from CPW, if I put in my S8+ I will get £440 back as part-ex. I see they are offering an extra £100 if you take a pay monthly sim at the same time. So has anyone taken the PX offer and taken out the pay monthly sim and then cancelled the sim pay monthly, if so do you still keep the extra £100.

Thanks
I purchased mine on a one month rolling deal when they were offering an extra £200 for trade-ins. Phone vodafone and cancelled the plan (still had to pay the £15.50 for one month) before I'd even received my handset and had no problems at all.

Associate
I purchased mine on a one month rolling deal when they were offering an extra £200 for trade-ins. Phone vodafone and cancelled the plan (still had to pay the £15.50 for one month) before I'd even received my handset and had no problems at all.

Thanks, I don't mind if I've got to pay one month to save a couple of hundred quid. I'm off all week so I may pop in and have a chat with them. It seems a bonkers offer but anyone would be daft to say no to it. From memory Samsung are only offering about half of what CPW are offering.

Back
Top Bottom