** HTC VIVE VR WIRELESS ADAPTOR AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

Free at last, we're free at last!

freedom-gif.gif

The long awaited VIVE Wireless adaptor is now available to pre-order from the links below!

HTC VIVE Wireless Adaptor for HTC VIVE VR Headsets (99HANN013-00) @ £299.00 inc VAT

Powered by Intel WiGig, Compatible with VIVE and VIVE Pro (with seperate adaptor), 10,050 mAh battery pack - approx. battery life 2.5 hrs, Up to 3 simultaneous wireless users in the same area

VIVE WIRELESS ADAPTER
UNTETHERED VIRTUAL REALITY IS HERE

Includes 2-month VIVEPORT Subscription

LET NOTHING HOLD YOU BACK
Introducing the official wireless VR adapter for the VIVE and VIVE Pro. Move without restrictions. Broaden your virtual horizons. Make multiuser VR a reality.

FREEDOM, UNINTERRUPTED.
The VIVE Wireless Adapter, powered by Intel® WiGig, offers a near-zero latency VR experience that's fast, responsive and offers maximum performance. Build worlds, tear them down, and venture into the unknown- all without skipping a beat. Plus, it's so lightweight, you'll barely notice it's there.

UNLOCK THE FULL POTENTIAL OF VIVE
Easy to setup, the VIVE Wireless Adapter helps you get the most out of SteamVR's room-scale tracking technology. Coupled with a powerful, easy-swap battery, you can explore the full virtual range of your VIVE or VIVE Pro for up to 2.5 hours.

MORE PLAYERS? NO PROBLEM.
Remove cables from the equation with the VIVE Wireless Adapter. Now it's easier to get friends, family, and anyone in your play space. Break free of being a one-person team.

The base adaptor works with both Vive and Vive Pro, however, Vive Pro owners will need an additional compatibility pack with a unique connection cable for the Vive Pro, as well as foam padding and an attachment device unique to Vive Pro. Sold separately.

VIVE WIRELESS ADAPTER SPECIFICATION

Dimensions: 7.87 x 3.81 x 1.59 inches (200 x 96.65 x 40.43 mm)
Weight: 4.55 ounces (129 grams)
Battery Life: Up to 2.5 hours
Connection Type(s):
For VIVE: HDMI, USB, and DC
For VIVE Pro: Respective single port
For battery: USB

Minimum PC Requirements

Computer Type: Desktop computer with available PCIe Slot
Processor: Intel® Core i5-4590/AMD FX™ 8350 equivalent or better
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060, AMD Radeon™ R9 480 equivalent or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM or more
Operating system:
o For VIVE Pro: 64-bit windows® 10 or Windows® 7 SP1
o For VIVE: 64-bit Windows® 10 or Windows® 7 SP1

1. Wireless adapter supports 6m x 6m (20ft x 20ft) play area.
2. Use up to 3 VIVE Wireless Adapters in a single room-scale environment. Region dependent.
3. Additional purchase required for VIVE Pro
4. Spare PCIe 1x slot required.

*Headset and VIVE PRO Adaptor Clip in product images not included

Only £299.00 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

HTC VIVE PRO Wireless Freedom Full Bundle - PRO Full Kit, Wireless Adaptor, Adaptor Clip, Spare Battery @ £1,599.95 inc VAT

Total wireless freedom with the most immersive VR headset on the market.

Only £1,599.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

HTC VIVE Wireless Adaptor Battery Pack (99H20363-00) @ £59.99 inc VAT

HTC VIVE Wireless Adapter Battery Pack, 10050 mAh battery pack - approx. battery life 2.5 hrs

Only £59.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

HTC VIVE Wireless Adaptor Clip for VIVE PRO VR Headsets (99H20572-00) @ £65.00 inc VAT

HTC VIVE Wireless Adaptor Clip for VIVE PRO VR Headsets

Only £65.00 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Pre-order placed. Good times.

As for the OP's gif of Mel Gibson shouting in his terrible Scottish accent in a holywood portrayal of the Scots' struggle against a neighbouring country .... enough said.

OcUK Staff
OP
Pre-order placed. Good times.

As for the OP's gif of Mel Gibson shouting in his terrible Scottish accent in a holywood portrayal of the Scots' struggle against a neighbouring country .... enough said.

Cool, hope you enjoy it!

If I remember rightly stock should be arriving soon. Will double check on Monday and get back on this thread with an updated ETA.

Apologies on the gif choice. It was "FREEEEEEEEDOM" or an American freedom bird/meme... To be honest I didn't expend a lot of thought on it, I wanted to get the post up!

Soldato
Reviews of this are looking pretty good! Wish there was an official Rift equivalent (I know, TP Cast, but that's far from perfect and V1 requires using their special router).

Associate
I do like the idea of this, having a PCI express card to get rid of the external box and the cabling is a neat solution. The one thing I don't like is that the power pack seems to be on a lead and belt clip? Just seems a bit of an afterthought to me. Personally I wish they offered a solution to mount it to the headset itself, sure it would add a little weight but cuts out more cables. I'm sure I could cobble something together but at that price I don't think we should have to.

Associate
Any news on when you'll be able to begin shipping these?

Edit: As soon as I ask, I get my shipping email hah!

Last edited:
Soldato
So been using mine most of the afternoon with no issues. Easy to set up, and games like gorn / Evansion / Arizona sunrise are now a joy to play. Anyone else loving the freedom?

Soldato
Yep I've been missing the TP Cast setup (apart from the complexity!) but was more interested in the simple setup of the Vive with just the coax to the PCIE card. Only played Arizona so far but it's much easier to move around the dark spaces with no tether coiling around you.

Last edited:
Associate
Have been playing some Beat Saber, Superhot and Conductor this evening. Massive improvement over the tether, which has been a bit of a bug bear since day one. Set up was straight forwards and had no issues with lag or de-sync yet. Honestly haven't noticed any difference in performance from using the tether. Immersion is improved and I was able to forget it was there rather than stopping to kick the cable out of the way or unwind every few minutes.

The battery came with very little charge so it went on as soon as I got home. I got a good hour and a half out of a couple hours charge and I didn't run it flat yet. Going to give it a full charge tonight and see how far I can take it tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom