Help with 960evo ssd

Associate
Bought a 960evo m.2 ssd, and can't get it to show up anywhere, done a bios update and changed settings in bios to ahci mode and still doesn't show up, any help much appreciated
Mb is a medion B250H4-EM

Soldato
Bought a 960evo m.2 ssd, and can't get it to show up anywhere, done a bios update and changed settings in bios to ahci mode and still doesn't show up, any help much appreciated
Mb is a medion B250H4-EM

First of all check that it's in the slot properly, fully inserted, even slightly out will cause this problem.

Are you sure the mortherboad supports M.2 pci-e SSD otherwise known as nvme drives, which is what you have purchased, or does it only support M.2 SSD just a regular SSD in a much smaller format ?

Can't find much info on that board at all, you may have to refer to the instruction manual.

Associate
OP
I found another slot hidden behind my Gpu, put it in that one and everything worked fine, used samsung data migration and now running from the m.2. Massive improvement from my HDD best upgrade yet

Soldato
Is samsung data migration free and easy to use Sam? I have a 960 on the way to replace my 840pro but i've never migrated an OS before, ive always just reinstalled and overwritten the User folder after for all the app and game data.

Associate
First time i installed my m.2 960 evo i had the same issue. Only when i tried to reseat it did i realise it wasnt fully in. :rolleyes:

One satisfying shove later and all was good.

Back
Top Bottom