F1 2019 - Teams and Drivers - Who goes where?!

Soldato
Agree. His best chance is going off to WEC or DTM.

I would say Formula-E, but that's where careers go to die.
Vergne has been linked with a return to F1 (presumably at Toro Rosso) but he stated rather emphatically at Monza that he'd rather be at or near the top in FE than trundling around towards the back in F1.

I'm not sure if that says more about the state of F1 or his own ambitions myself.

Associate
I wonder whether Leclerc is already heading over to Ferrari explaining why Kimi seems to have stopped helping Vettel e.g. Monza quali?

Ferrari don't need a replacement for Kimi, they need a replacement for Vettel. Hamilton is the better driver and even Vettel is aware of this by now.

Soldato
More than time. He's served as an occasionally competent number two driver for the past three years when there could have been one of a number of dynamic, faster younger drivers in that seat. I'll remember him for the good times a decade a go and, despite his monosyllabic grumpy attitude, contradict myself by chuckling at some of his team radio outbursts. Cheers Kimi - more than enough time remaining this season to show Vettel up one or two times more.

Man of Honour
He's got a 2 year deal with Sauber, supposedly has some ownership in there too now.

Glad he's still in the paddock, although I wonder if Ferrari is a year too soon for Leclerc - hopefully he smashes it.

Hope there's space for Ocon in one the Mercedes powered teams.

Back
Top Bottom