*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
Can't believe how well this runs on a 1060 6GB , most settings on high plays very smooth at 1080p. Also like the fact I don't have to unload an entire clip to kill an enemy.

Colour me surprised.

ps - as others have mentioned the head bob is very annoying , anyway to disable this yet ?

Last edited:
Associate
Really Enjoying the Beta, gun play feels so much better than BF1. Rotterdam map is really fun. The conquest change(back to Original count) has seen lots of close games, Where BF1 used to be mostly landslide victories, You can actually have this back and forth battle now. Tanks are still way to slow and gunner positions do not offer enough visual coverage to be effective, Leading to people not wanting to stay in gunner seats and limiting Team play, Alos leaving the Tanker very exposed and easy to Take down. Lots of bugs still But I do believe this is still an older build than what they currently have. Would be nice to think that the extra month they have before Release that a lot more bugs will be fixed.

Caporegime
Unlocked zimmerit coating for the tiger, be interested in seeing what this does ingame, irl it stopped anything magnetic being attached to the tanks so presumably stops dynamite being attached.

Caporegime
None of this work?

2ihkpd0.jpg

One of those options might affect third person controls but for first person it supposedly makes no difference going by the official forum.

Associate
Unlocked zimmerit coating for the tiger, be interested in seeing what this does ingame, irl it stopped anything magnetic being attached to the tanks so presumably stops dynamite being attached.
Wow, sounds like they've really gone to town on some of the unlocks!

Soldato
One of those options might affect third person controls but for first person it supposedly makes no difference going by the official forum.

Gerard have you got official word this 1st person stuff is going to stay this way? If not it does sound like a bug to me. Why don't you just try to ignore it and enjoy the rest of the game?

On another note my 980ti is averaging about 75 fps on ultra with 1% times about 55fps which i'm very happy about

Caporegime
Wow, sounds like they've really gone to town on some of the unlocks!

Some of them look interesting, being able to launch anti infantry mines from the tank as well to deal with infantry. Though that's one of the latter unlocks. A few of them just seem like they should have been made standard instead of unlocks, like the top mounted mg on the tank being an unlock. They're meant to be including a system where the gunner can duck down into the turret as they're sitting ducks.

Caporegime
Gerard have you got official word this 1st person stuff is going to stay this way? If not it does sound like a bug to me. Why don't you just try to ignore it and enjoy the rest of the game?

On another note my 980ti is averaging about 75 fps on ultra with 1% times about 55fps which i'm very happy about

It's intentional, one of the ea reps stated its meant to be slow for precision aiming in first person and faster for third person rotation. It could still be changed for the final release, if they sped it up a bit in first person it wouldn't be as bad. Right now its a balancing act going between first and third person, you need to be in third person to see people running for your tank to try and attach dynamite, and you really need to be in first person to spot mines on the road as in some areas they're really hard to spot, so you're constantly flicking between the 2.

Soldato
It's intentional, one of the ea reps stated its meant to be slow for precision aiming in first person and faster for third person rotation. It could still be changed for the final release, if they sped it up a bit in first person it wouldn't be as bad. Right now its a balancing act going between first and third person, you need to be in third person to see people running for your tank to try and attach dynamite, and you really need to be in first person to spot mines on the road as in some areas they're really hard to spot, so you're constantly flicking between the 2.

Reading a post on symthic, someone was suggesting that the turret speed is the same in 1st and 3rd person, but in 3rd person the camera is de-coupled from the turret movement and the turret will try to catch up with the camera at it's maximum rotation speed. In first person the turret and camera are locked together. I haven't personally used a tank yet though.

Caporegime
Reading a post on symthic, someone was suggesting that the turret speed is the same in 1st and 3rd person, but in 3rd person the camera is de-coupled from the turret movement and the turret will try to catch up with the camera at it's maximum rotation speed. In first person the turret and camera are locked together. I haven't personally used a tank yet though.

First person its mental how sluggish it can be depending on the tank, it "feels" mechanical as it sort of takes a second to respond to your inputs, like there's a slight delay behind it.

Soldato
Only played 20 mins on a snow map plays really well on ultra. Played as support really enjoyed it and no issue with ammo just keep you finger on 3 to resupply yourself. Really like the push to support your team.

Back
Top Bottom