NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
Annoyed packers first game is monday night, means I wont get round to watching it until Wednesday.
Still looking forward to this season its either going to be horrific or we will go pretty far.

Soldato
Hoping the Steelers get to the Superbowl this year. Not being helped by the Bell no show though :rolleyes: Wants more money than being offered, but seems happy to miss out on $800,000+ every week he doesn't play.

Soldato
Can’t really blame any RB trying to maximise their earnings. Their careers are particularly short and he’s underpaid for his output.

Maximise his earnings by missing out on $800,000 per week :confused: He could come back week 10 and get a Season ending injury. He is just hurting himself by sitting out.

Soldato
That’s obviously one view - take the money he can now because anything could happen tomorrow. And it’s good money given the franchise tag.

Alternatively he thinks they’ll eventually cave and pay more or trade him to someone who’ll pay more. Or get a trade and ‘do an Ajayi’ and win a Super Bowl :p.

Or if he just has to wait then eventually he can move or get paid more and hasn’t ‘wasted mileage’ this year. If you think of it in terms of his career having a limited number of snaps before he’s done, rather than age being the biggest limiting factor... sitting out a year doesn’t use up any of those snaps.

I just think it is a dumb move on his part, although a lot of it can be put down to his agent. He is obviously advising Bell to hold out. I doubt the Steelers will budge as they don't seem to be that sort of organization. They have let other good players walk in the past over money disagreements. I hear the Browns have a lot of cap space though :D

Soldato
Cousins is killing it; I wasn't sold on him at the Vikings but if he produces like this all season with that D as well then they will be in the Superbowl conversation easy.

Soldato
As a Redskins fan, it pains me to say Cousins is a great QB. I don't know what went on that meant we wouldn't sign him to a long contract, but I would gladly swap him with Alex Smith...

Soldato
Whoop! Win on the road as underdogs to start the season :)

Great game to watch but seems we missed a gem in the Saints game and the steelers/browns as well.

Good first week full stop and still plenty more to come.

Soldato
Whoop! Win on the road as underdogs to start the season :)

Great game to watch but seems we missed a gem in the Saints game and the steelers/browns as well.

I thought I'd seen Bengals favs? Maybe I'd just heard people picking them. It was a good game. With Luck as my keeper fantasy QB I'm feeling okay about things.

The Saints Buccs game wasn't all that good. Loads of points but the Buccs had it all the way.

The Steelers Browns was pretty crazy though.

Quite impressed with Maholmes by what I've seen so far. That arm strength . :o

Soldato
Most people picked the Bengals (myself included) but they were +2 on the spread for some reason.

After a good first game this matchup stinks, so good D moves but boring.

Soldato
I don't know what 'this matchup' is, but I'm quite happy with how the Redskins are dominating the Cardinals. Smith is looks incredibly accurate. I think he's on 16 straight completions at the moment and just picking the Cards to pieces. I don't think the Cards are that highly regarded this season though, so I wont be getting too carried away.

Soldato
As is likely documented on this forum, I don't think a great deal of Dak... didn't look like he did a great deal against the Panthers.

Can you believe how long the Dolphins Titans game went on? Two 2+ hour delays! It looked like a lot of folk had gone home by the fourth quarter.

Just watching the late night game now, really surprised and impressed by Trubisky and the Bears offence

Back
Top Bottom