***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Saw the new Hogwarts yesterday. Totally underwhelming. Not as impressive as Disney castle, for example. Glad I didn't preorder.

it also has three sheets of stickers , and is missing around 3 spheres from the original castle in the movies. Daughter didn't seem impressed with it, being a potter fan as well. She liked the wimping willo set better as its got correct size figures and the car stuck in the tree. The larger sets by lego are coming very expensive, riddled with stickers and scaled badly.

And they wonder why their profits are slipping

I saw the cost of the red 5 x wing, £89.99 ? What.? its 850 parts, same scale as poes x wing and that as £69.99 at launch so where as £20 come into it ? Star Wars sets are now getting very overpriced .

Soldato
Finally decided to get the imperial shuttle knock off. With there being no sets out I want for a while.

The gears on that one at iffy, so the wings don't drop down smooth, they just sorta flop.! still a very nice display model and Lepin are the only option left now Lego one is out of production..

Caporegime
The gears on that one at iffy, so the wings don't drop down smooth, they just sorta flop.! still a very nice display model and Lepin are the only option left now Lego one is out of production..

So I've heard. Need to make the modifications around. But it's only a display model. And yes, not paying used lego prices for it

Soldato
it also has three sheets of stickers , and is missing around 3 spheres from the original castle in the movies. Daughter didn't seem impressed with it, being a potter fan as well. She liked the wimping willo set better as its got correct size figures and the car stuck in the tree. The larger sets by lego are coming very expensive, riddled with stickers and scaled badly.

And they wonder why their profits are slipping

I saw the cost of the red 5 x wing, £89.99 ? What.? its 850 parts, same scale as poes x wing and that as £69.99 at launch so where as £20 come into it ? Star Wars sets are now getting very overpriced .
My wife is quite a big potter fan and i was going to treat her to it for her birthday next month. Hmmm not sure what to do. With regards to star wars sets, there seems to be a massive markup, (i'm looking at the falcon here) i really want it for a coffee table but its too expensive for what it is (although i'm sure its impressive in the flesh plastic).

Soldato
The Hogwarts isn't too big, it'll fit nicely atop a bookshelf or similar. My Mrs has Disney Castle nestled on a kallax in her craft room with a bunch of other stuff and it looks great. I've got the UCS Falcon and honestly it's superb. Don't regret it at all. It's a high price but a model unlike any other outside of the moc stuff. I'm just switching it up from horizontal to vertical mount to save some space. I'll put pics up after.

Soldato
Yeah the falcon is an amazing looking display piece. It kind of dominates most. Normal rooms!
TBH when it comes to lego i'm rubbish at holding back. The falcon if i got it would be a coffee table but until the kids are bigger i don't think we can get away with it. Also i would cry if they broke it (the falcon not the table).

Caporegime
TBH when it comes to lego i'm rubbish at holding back. The falcon if i got it would be a coffee table but until the kids are bigger i don't think we can get away with it. Also i would cry if they broke it (the falcon not the table).

Exposed its not kid friendly!
The falcon that is!

Soldato
eHauypY.jpg

Only one heart-in-mouth moment when my assistant (fiancee) almost dropped her end. Still if she had, coulda saved a bunch of money on a wedding.

If anyone wants a free UCS Falcon display case, you're welcome to pickt his one up in Manchester else its going to the tip. I dont have the effort to sell it, RRP 120 quid or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just seen the Star Wars Cloud City announcement.

I'm only collecting original trilogy UCS ships so not sure if this counts (it floats, ergo it's a ship).

Releases 1st October, 2800+ pieces, £300 (ish)

Caporegime
eHauypY.jpg

Only one heart-in-mouth moment when my assistant (fiancee) almost dropped her end. Still if she had, coulda saved a bunch of money on a wedding.

If anyone wants a free UCS Falcon display case, you're welcome to pickt his one up in Manchester else its going to the tip. I dont have the effort to sell it, RRP 120 quid or something.

Looks great.
I carried my falcon intact to my new flat, up the stairs and in car all in one piece. I dared not get my gf to help!

Shame you are so far away else I'd get the display case from you

Back
Top Bottom