Cheapo printer £50 budget

Associate
hi guys i need a cheapo printer for home to print the odd document off that is all. What would be the best for £50 to go for?

thanks.

Caporegime
The odd document, with lengths of time in between?

Go for a 2nd hand Laser, won't dry out, will always work when you turn it on, and a decent compliment of toner will last you 2000+ pages at least.

Literally picked up a HP Colour LaserJet Pro 400 M451dw (duplex, wireless/airprint, network connection) today for £25 with around 60% toner left in all 4 cartridges.

It's going to last me at least 2 years before I need to think about getting any more toner.

Associate
I would really recommend buying one from the Bay. I have bought loads of reconditioned units in the past and they have always been a bargain. As long as you are a light user.

Soldato
Just came on to ask the same question as the OP. I didn't mind paying £50 for a printer but in PCworld today the ink for it was £70!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. Im struggling to see any used/reconditioned ones for less than this though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a samsung Ml2026W, reconditioned toner cartridges go for about £8 that is for a 1000 page cartridge the printer cost £50 brand new when i bought it but now its going for £39.99 for the non wireless version right now, the wireless version is £54.99. Its good for low volume jobs nothing major.

Buy refurbished ink from certain auction site.

Samsung sold their printer division to HP but still sold under the Samsung brand if I am not wrong.

the newer version of the printer is SL range and is only available from HP website under the samsung printer from hp.

Soldato
I got this printer Ricoh SP 213w Wireless A4 Mono Laser Printer back in 2016 for the same reason you want one.all I do is print out a odd letter or label,I'm still on the toner it came with and I use it once or twice a year,has always worked flawlessly and the prints have been spot on.

I got mine for £35 from Amazon but I see they are £250 + for some reason

Soldato
Yeah I’m looking for a cheap colour printer, preferably all-in-one for the odd document and occasional photo, my current cannon keeps drying out despite only ever using genuine inks and while printers are cheap inks aren’t :( is there such a thing as a inkjet printer that doesn’t dry out after months of no use?

Associate
I've been using a Brother HL-4570CDW for the past couple of years. It's absolutely brilliant and done around 1500 pages in that time and it's just crapped out on me, which is a bit of a pisstake. Still on the original toner though. So now i'm looking for another cheapy laser with wifi. Don't really need colour but it would be nice. Duplex would also be nice. How does the Samsung Ml2026W stack up? And is there anything better at that price range?

Soldato
I've been using a Brother HL-4570CDW for the past couple of years. It's absolutely brilliant and done around 1500 pages in that time and it's just crapped out on me, which is a bit of a pisstake. Still on the original toner though. So now i'm looking for another cheapy laser with wifi. Don't really need colour but it would be nice. Duplex would also be nice. How does the Samsung Ml2026W stack up? And is there anything better at that price range?

its a good printer and with really cheap after market ink, its still working after almost 2 years and just recently bought new ink for £8.99 for a 1000 page cartridge which is not bad tbh. We also have the larger version of this printer which has duplex printing and the ink for that was £12.99. Bot are excellent printers and doing almost 3000 prints so far.

I would not recommend either for a office type environment but if you are only dong 1000-2000 or so pages every year they are fine.

Associate
So I pulled my finger out and bought the M2026W. I had a bit of a mare trying to get it working with the wifi, but it's all done and the printer seems to do a good job. £45 from John Lewis and it comes with a 2 year warranty :)

Back
Top Bottom