I found my old skool Coolermaster cases - forgot how beautiful they are

Man of Honour
While clearing out my loft I found my old Coolermaster cases. These are from the late 90's to early 2000's I seem to recall. The light was fading so the pictures aren't great and not showing them as their best. But in real life I forgot how beautiful they are. I was clearing the loft to throw things away or sell them but I'm not so sure now. Realistically I'm never going to use them again but they have a lot of sentimental value as these were the two cases I spend my Quake years with.

On the left is a Coolermaster ATCS 111 and on the right is the ATCS 4000.

The 4000 in particular is quite an interesting case. It's actually a rack mount server case which can be used vertically if needed. It can take an extended E-ATX motherboard and because of the length of the case I fit a triple radiator in the middle of it (drive cages at the front behind that mesh, then a triple radiator, then the motherboard at the rear). It's quite a heavy case too because of the very thick aluminium.

There's no real reason for this post other than I was quite thrilled when I found them. They still have motherboards and CPU's inside but without taking them apart I'm at a loss to remember what CPU's are in them.

GxaZBNd.jpg

anNAaI3.jpg

Soldato
I remember I had a coolermaster wavemaster case back in maybe 2002 or 2003 before I went to Uni. Was one of my first proper self builds. Was a nice case, very fancy for back then!

Think my friend I gave it to is still using it.

1.jpg

img

I've got a Black Widow in the loft waiting for my son to come of age so he can have his first PC. I honestly toyed with using it again but the 80mm fans were a bit of a restriction.

I wish Coolermaster would make cases of this elegance and quality again, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Coolermaster ATC > Lian Li :D

Soldato
Damn theyre a nice quality case, i had about 3 foot of Purple Chieftec plastic and steel i bought back in maybe 2002, i ended up keeping that case for over 10 years, i wish i knew aluminium wonders like these existed, i would probably still be using one now.

Associate
Damn theyre a nice quality case, i had about 3 foot of Purple Chieftec plastic and steel i bought back in maybe 2002, i ended up keeping that case for over 10 years, i wish i knew aluminium wonders like these existed, i would probably still be using one now.

I remember that Chieftec case, my friend used the same one as a server back in the day. It weighed a ton if I remember correctly.

I found a couple of the old Antec p180 cases stored away in the garage. Could not believe how well built they are and had proper sound deadening panels too. Held up really well for a 10+ year old case.

Soldato
I remember that Chieftec case, my friend used the same one as a server back in the day. It weighed a ton if I remember correctly.
Yeah mine certainly weighed a tonne, it was the full tower with a few rads in, then i had another Mid Tower case bolted to the bottom with a phase change cooler in, thats why it ended up been about 3 foot high and weighed about 7 stone. I had to bolt some steel angle iron in to strengthen it up as i move it around in the car quite a lot.

Associate
Yeah mine certainly weighed a tonne, it was the full tower with a few rads in, then i had another Mid Tower case bolted to the bottom with a phase change cooler in, thats why it ended up been about 3 foot high and weighed about 7 stone. I had to bolt some steel angle iron in to strengthen it up as i move it around in the car quite a lot.

Oh phase change, now your talking. I found my old re-gassed Vapochill PE a while back, fun times :D

Back
Top Bottom