*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
I'm enjoying it, but the fubar'd matchmaking and joining friends is just beyond a joke. Playing with randoms is like pulling teeth and 90% of the squads are friend only. I swear EA is finally trying to kill off the PC BF community.

Soldato
Well this seems to be a new bug, you'll randomly get kicked from a game while still attached to a squad, and unless you're the squad leader you can't join another server.

I had that a few times last night. Quitting and relaunching the game was the only way around it.

Caporegime
One of the main issues with dice trying to balance this game is virtually no matter what someone has an option off someone has exactly the opposite. After looking at the offical forum and on here.

example:

TTK is too fast \ Players are bullet sponges.

Too little ammo on spawn \ Just enough ammo on spawn.

Game feels like bf3/4 \ Game feels like cod.

And on it goes for virtually every aspect of the game. Only really seen points of agreement on how crap the planes are, the plane handling in BF1 was pretty good so not sure how they managed to screw these up so badly.

Soldato
For those who've dipped-in, not liked it and quit straight away, I can only say - join and stick with a good squad, and be a good squad player. That's where the fun is at, as a newbie (like me) at least.

Just had another round, the first of today and it was crap to start with - because I was in a crap squad. They weren't even together.

After joining a decent squad (by that I mean cohesive, no leet shooters) it improved massively.

I'd love to see how this plays with teams rather than pubs, with coordinated squad attacks (via squad leaders) as well as comms within individual squads.

That would be amazing.

Last edited:
Associate
Fully graphics capabailities unlocked by p
For those who've dipped-in, not liked it and quit straight away, I can only say - join and stick with a good squad, and be a good squad player. That's where the fun is at, as a newbie (like me) at least.

Just had another round, the first of today and it was crap to start with - because I was in a crap squad. They weren't even together.

After joining a decent squad (by that I mean cohesive, no leet shooters) it improved massively.

I'd love to see how this plays with teams rather than pubs, with coordinated squad attacks (via squad leaders) as well as comms within individual squads.

That would be amazing.

I think that's what they are trying to go for, more concentration on the squad and team play action.

Just not too sure about the COD like appearance :p

Soldato
Can’t say I’m feeling this so far. Graphics aren’t that amazing, feels too fast. It’s not BF, more like COD to please the kiddies with consoles.

Pretty disappointed overall with what I’ve seen. I’ll keep playing it till the betas finished to make my mind up 100%. I’ve got preorder with CDkeys but I’m sure cancelling won’t be a problem.

Last edited:
Associate
I really didn’t like this and have got my pre-order refunded this morning.

However, I’ve been thinking reading through this thread it seems opinions are equally divided and wondered.....

People that played bf2/bc2 what do you think about just this game?
It seems to me to be generally split between vet bf2/bc2 players and the bf3/bf4 players.

I am a bf2/bc2 vet and think this is nothing like them games. Too arcadey, too much emphasises on graphics rather than core game play, stupid revive system to name a few.

It’s a shame as the battlefield franchise had their own unique game style, but now it seems they just copy other games and have lost what made them great in the first place.

All imo of course

Associate
Can’t say I’m feeling this so far. Graphics aren’t that amazing, feels too fast. It’s not BF, more like COD to please the kiddies with consoles.

Pretty disappointed overall with what I’ve seen. I’ll keep playing it till the betas finished to make my mind up 100%. I’ve got preorder with CDkeys but I’m sure cancelling won’t be a problem.

I had mine pre-ordered with cdkeys and they refunded with no problem.

Associate
Downloading it now so I can join the fight against the patriarchy and pwn some misogynists.

Are the classes the same or have they added some new 1s like Therapist and councillor?

Back
Top Bottom