*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
stupid revive system to name a few.

There was no revive system in BF1942 at all so I think complaining about reviving is a little silly as the best game in the franchise never had it

In terms of it being arcadey, they've all been arcadey

If you want more realism you would have played Project Reality or Forgotten Hope

Only things I'd change with BFV are making maps at least twice as large, remove or at least reduce sprint, add more vehicles including artillery and get rid of squad/vehicle spawning, basically make it into BF1942

Soldato
There should be an Edgeboi task where you sit in one of the buildings, moaning about everything while eating Doritos all day.

Associate
There was no revive system in BF1942 at all so I think complaining about reviving is a little silly as the best game in the franchise never had it

Excactly....

In terms of it being arcadey, they've all been arcadey

Err no they haven't.

If you want more realism you would have played Project Reality or Forgotten Hope

Never said anything about realism...

Only things I'd change with BFV are making maps at least twice as large, remove or at least reduce sprint, add more vehicles including artillery and get rid of squad/vehicle spawning, basically make it into BF1942

Not sure you read my post correctly ;)

Soldato
There are more viewers on Twitch watching Football Manager than the BFV beta. Says it all really. It is not popular at all in terms of streaming numbers. Going to play a bit more just now and give it a final decision.

Soldato
Wouldn't most people that are interested in BFV be playing the game instead of watching someone else play it on Twitch, considering the beta is only open until the 11th?

Soldato
Not sure you read my post correctly ;)

I read it just fine, you asked for opinion from BF2 vets, I gave opinion

And yes they've all been arcadey, vehicles with "health", soldiers that are necromancers that can revive the dead, using a bandage to heal up a bullet wound or worse a grenade/rocket/tank explosion that likely tore off a leg, soldiers that can carry multiple RPG's AND tank mines and enough Ammo to rearm an entire army, if that's not arcade I'd love to know what your definition is

BF1942 was probably the least arcadey of the lot but even that was pretty arcadey

Caporegime
Just out of a really weird game, was in a tiger and had to head back to spawn to resupply, while i was resupplying i was getting kills which had me confused. Only thing i can think is the smoke i was launching was also launching anti infantry mines which they were running into, even though it still shows in the unlock tree as locked. :confused:

Caporegime
Oh and here's an amazing feature, the resupply point in your main spawn can be destroyed, so there's the potential for tanks to expend all their ammo and not be able to resupply. :rolleyes:

Presumably this was an oversight as i only noticed it when the shortbus rider i had on the top gun shot it as i was resupplying, i went out of the spawn with a grand total of 6 shells.

Caporegime
I think you can rebuild the supply and health stations.

You can but guess what happens if you do that while driving a tank? Some tool running past jumps in and drives it away while you're outside building it. Making the main spawn one indestructible just makes sense imo. Doesn't seem like most people know these can be rebuilt so waiting on a teammate to do it would take forever.

Soldato
Played it today, I had fun, found the game play very smooth, player movement and gun play feels right. I feel they need to tinker with the revive, bleeding out takes forever.

Did have some trouble getting it to run, it kept giving a black screen and would freeze. It seems it does not like Eyefinity, so after getting it to start in Window Mode, I had to stretch the game window to fulfil my screen.

It's been a long time since I played a BF game, I hate the idea of spending £35, but am tempted.

Soldato
Ive had no crashes at all with this, i keep getting a bug where i get revived and it kills me anyway and then, im sat on the spawn screen with a 9 second countdown to spawn that never changes. Just sits there on 9 seconds and i have to leave the game.

Associate
Servers are taking a battering tonight, much lag and crashing. Overwhelmed probably by all the friends on my Origin list who dissed it and suddenly seem to be 'giving it a go..' :D

Back
Top Bottom