• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I got good offer from Samsung UK and my old note 8 was 450 quids to trade in for new note 9 128gb dual sim and paid just 449 quid plus 2yrs warranty.. it was good offer I cannae refuse.. got yesterday plus I put my Samsung evoplus 256gb card..
Nice one mate, what colour did you get?

FYI, Samsung offer 2 year warranty on their handsets bought from any retailer

Associate
I chose midnight black cos it only my choice I don't fancy different colour if it green then I would buy one the 2 years warranty was offer for anything so with my phone like if damage screen by accident fall

Associate
Went in to CPW today and have ordered a black 512gb Note 9.
I really wanted the blue phone, CPW said they couldn't guarantee when stock would be available and as I wanted to traded in my S8+ they would only be able to give me the price on the day, they couldn't say if the offer would still be on when the blue phone comes in to stock, so I took the plunge and bought the black phone. Fair play they gave me the full £440 though they faffed about for ages testing it. They allowed me to keep the S8+ until I pick up my phone on Monday (they said they would test it again then) As has been said it's worth going in to store and dealing with them directly. Roll on Monday :)

Associate
Yeah agreed, picked up my note 9 128gb last monday at CPW. Walked in traded in the phone walked out 20 minutes later. Can't fault them to be fair, defo trade in-store.

Soldato
CPW customer service have confirmed my £200 additional trade in will be paid in the next 72 hours after the original £350.
Apparently, the original £375 I was offered at time of purchasing my note 9 is no longer valid as i didn't send the phone back until 3rd September.

I wonder if it would have been paid if i hadn't emailed & telephoned them to query it?
Can't say I'm overly impressed with CPW with the various issues I've had with this purchase.

Still, £550 for a 12 month old note 8 isn't too bad i suppose.

Associate
CPW customer service have confirmed my £200 additional trade in will be paid in the next 72 hours after the original £350.
Apparently, the original £375 I was offered at time of purchasing my note 9 is no longer valid as i didn't send the phone back until 3rd September.

I wonder if it would have been paid if i hadn't emailed & telephoned them to query it?
Can't say I'm overly impressed with CPW with the various issues I've had with this purchase.

Still, £550 for a 12 month old note 8 isn't too bad i suppose.

By the time they got round to processing my trade in the price dropped from £265 to £250. Wasn't impressed but I wasn't going to stress over 15 quid as they were offering more than most recycle sites before adding the extra £200.

But yeh they've not handled it well and no communication either which was ironic!

Soldato
What screen protectors are you using (apart from the white stone and the invisShield)?

Think I’m going to install a TPU one, but not sure which ones are good, there a few mentioned on xda but mainly sold in USA

Soldato
What screen protectors are you using (apart from the white stone and the invisShield)?

Think I’m going to install a TPU one, but not sure which ones are good, there a few mentioned on xda but mainly sold in USA

I picked up a Zagg Invisible Shield Glass Curve one from the local Samsung store the other day. £35 so not at all cheap (although cheaper than Whitestone) but came with a good fitting mechanism to make sure it goes on right and also has a device lifetime guarantee, so if it breaks/starts coming off/whatever for a small postage+admin fee, I get a replacement, so not as bad as it could be, I read a lot of poor reviews on the cheap ones and didn't want to risk leaving such an expensive phone without one. On the same lines, I picked up Samsung's stand military grade protective cover also, and have to admit it feels VERY solid with it on and the kickstand is a nice addition.

Most I've ever spent on a case and screen protector, but then most I've ever spent on a phone also! Didn't trust a boggo standard gel case with such an expensive phone.

Soldato
Right Found my UV light from a Whitestone dome kit I had from another phone.

So bought the kit that doesn't include this an saved £10, total price £29.99

Once I'm done if anyone wants to borrow the UV light be happy to post it to them to use.

Caporegime
Any one send it back to Samsung as part of the upgrade programme? I sent mine by recorded delivery but accidentally threw away my receipt and not sure how Samsung are notifying me of receipt.

Had a good SoT at the weekend (lazy day, stay at home on WiFi all day) - well over 8 hours with 16+ hours since charge.

Caporegime
Nice, usually expect it to be top 3 or 5. I am however surprised the HTC is above it, didn't realise it had such a good camera. And yet their revenue keeps falling.

Back
Top Bottom