ACER PREDATOR 4K XB321HK 32" IPS G-Sync

Associate
anyhow he says the bleed and uniformity goes away after a while . yea right
Heh, this kind of statement always make me smile, "the house is not crooked sir, it just needs to settle".
Sometimes people say their bleed got better in a while, but it just that they get used to it - our eyes/brain are very good in eventually learning to ignore standard things. And by then, sellers return period will be over, so they better get used to it anyway ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
my replacement is on its way to me an will be with me tomorrow ( Thursday) . even though they state no problem was found . i told them if they did not replace i will contact consumer direct as i like the screen and wanted it replaced . he went away as i told him to look at the facebook PM as guy i was speaking to said he could see it and he would see to it that i will get it replaced . he phoned back after 30 minutes and said the they will be exchanging through a good will gesture , i also said to him (Gareth) that i would video the opening of the box . and then video the set up . he said ok thats the best thing . i also asked for a none feb 2016 build and he replied he thinks they are all Feb 16 builds and they only came into them 2 weeks ago . yea right more like you bought them as a special price considering that they are £80 cheaper when i bought it and now its still £65 cheaper even though google does not bring there price up which is strange .

Associate
OP
Got my replacement yesterday and all I can say is ......... Wow ... It's 100 millions times better . Hardly any bleed only in right bottom and top corners and IPS glow and really impressed by the colors , there is the tiny bit of uniformity but I have to look for it and use a grey background to see it but in games I can't we it at all . I'm really shocked that it's he same kind of panel so there really is a PANEL LOTRERY and this is also a February build and it was also brand new and sealed and in no way was there any finger prints it was spotless .

Associate
Glad you've got a good one, hope you will not spot any other issues and enjoy :)

I suspect by this point this is official policy - "try to sell bad one first, if they won't buy it, sell a good one" ;)

Associate
OP
Glad you've got a good one, hope you will not spot any other issues and enjoy :)

I suspect by this point this is official policy - "try to sell bad one first, if they won't buy it, sell a good one" ;)

This is my feeling yes try and sell the one they had sent back from another customer . to be honest i should have bought it from here , i sent back 2 out of 3 dell 144hz gsync monitors from here (surround) and it was hassle free and exchange free , a little bit more expensive but you pay for the customer service from here and wish i had just bought from here . I too hope i dont get any problems with this screen as i will be keeping this one .

All i can say though if others want to get this monitor then get it , it really is a great screen when you get a good one . the clarity and colours and the sheer size of it really is great , Gsync is also a plus and 32in @4K is the sweet spot . wont upgrade now until after Volta and 5K 120hz 40In ultrawide .

I have to say though as my pc is not built yet and only using my test bench im impressed that a single 980ti runs all my games at 60hz , only game that struggles is GTA5 and Just Cause 3 , cant wait to run all 3x 980tis under water .

Last edited:
Associate
I've had one of these and regret selling it ever since. They're pretty damn epic man :cool:
Been creeping around looking for feedback on these for a while now... How was your experience gaming? Started playing RS:Siege and PUBG lately on my Crossover Blacktune Korean 1440p. Think it has like 8ms response time and is 60Hz, but I seem to come out top in every round on RS:Siege so it can't be doing me that much harm.

Tempted to jump to that 4K goodness...

Associate
Im tempted by either this or the 27" acer predator 4k Gsync. 60Hz is good enough for me, the monitors from the reviews etc I have seen are dead good. I have heard this 32" one is overclockable in terms of Hz though? is this true or not

Im currently looking for the best price though for now

Associate
Looks a good monitor. I like the 32" more. Considering pairng it with a 1080.

Although, just looked around at some of the reviews for the 27" and there are some very negative regarding customer service.

Associate
The quality control is definitely putting me off, especially at this price. There seem to have been a lot of problems.

I agree. I'm wondering if they've been ironed out slightly now though? If I was to order I'd need to know the retailer was happy to take a return for dead pixels. Not bothered about IPS glow, people seem to want an IPS monitor without the glow... As far as I know, you'll always get glow...

Permabanned
If only the 32" were more than 60Hz... 100Hz would be fine. My ideal monitor, realistically, is:

IPS
32"-36"
100Hz+
Gsync or Freesync

But I don't see any that tick all those boxes yet :(

Associate
If only the 32" were more than 60Hz... 100Hz would be fine. My ideal monitor, realistically, is:

IPS
32"-36"
100Hz+
Gsync or Freesync

But I don't see any that tick all those boxes yet :(
That's exactly what I'm looking for too, but no luck. Even the new Asus due out is only 27 inch 4K. Sucks...

Soldato
Looking to make the switch from my X34 to 4K (for productivity and gaming), and I'm surprised to see this is STILL the only 4K monitor with G-Sync that's bigger than 32"! This was released in 2015!! Can't believe nothing has come along since then, not even a refresh! Yet they bring out a £2K 27" monitor!! I don't get it. :confused:

Soldato
I’ve just managed to pick one of these up for £500... just to play a PS4 Pro on.

Am I correct in thinking that I’ll need a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to enable 4K at 60 FPS (via HDMI 2.0)?

Also... no HDR support..

Are there any decent 4K monitors that will allow 4K at 60fps with HDR over HDMI?

Back
Top Bottom