ACER PREDATOR 4K XB321HK 32" IPS G-Sync

Soldato
I’ve just managed to pick one of these up for £500... just to play a PS4 Pro on.

Am I correct in thinking that I’ll need a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to enable 4K at 60 FPS (via HDMI 2.0)?

Also... no HDR support..

Are there any decent 4K monitors that will allow 4K at 60fps with HDR over HDMI?

Was that new or second hand? This monitor doesn't have HDMI 2.0, only 1.4. If you're talking about using something like this http://www.ugreen.com.cn/product-766-en.html that won't work either as it only sypports 4K @ 30Hz.

Soldato
Was that new or second hand? This monitor doesn't have HDMI 2.0, only 1.4. If you're talking about using something like this http://www.ugreen.com.cn/product-766-en.html that won't work either as it only sypports 4K @ 30Hz.

It’s a display model from a PC world, still thought it was very well priced tho!

Looking like I’ll be returning it if it can’t handle 4K 60.. not that I’m sure the Pro will do 4K 60.. I just want something that will last!

Is there something else that’ll do 4K 60 over HDMI?

Is HDR a no go too?

Soldato
It’s a display model from a PC world, still thought it was very well priced tho!

Looking like I’ll be returning it if it can’t handle 4K 60.. not that I’m sure the Pro will do 4K 60.. I just want something that will last!

Is there something else that’ll do 4K 60 over HDMI?

Is HDR a no go too?

A TV is your only option, and it must have HDMI 2.0. HDR will again depend on the TV (the XB321HK doesn't support it at all). You need 1000 nits for 'proper' HDR so just check the specs. Depends what your budget is though. Pretty sure you'll need more than £500.

As for that adapter you've just linked, if you read the overview it states "Nvidia G-Sync monitors can only support up to 1080p"

Soldato
A TV is your only option, and it must have HDMI 2.0. HDR will again depend on the TV (the XB321HK doesn't support it at all). You need 1000 nits for 'proper' HDR so just check the specs. Depends what your budget is though. Pretty sure you'll need more than £500.

As for that adapter you've just linked, if you read the overview it states "Nvidia G-Sync monitors can only support up to 1080p"

Yeah I noticed the gsync comment after I posted the link.

Is latency not an issue with TVs?

Any opinions on a Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q or a LG 32UD99?

Soldato
Yeah I noticed the gsync comment after I posted the link.

Is latency not an issue with TVs?

Any opinions on a Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q or a LG 32UD99?

Plenty of people seem happy with TV's, and many models seem to rate highly when it comes to latency. But I've not used a PS4 Pro myself so can't really comment with any authority on that one.

Both good monitors, but pricey. I'm sure you could find some people who've used them with a PS4 Pro for an impression as to how good they might be.

This might be of use: http://denwereview.com/best-hdr-gaming-monitor-xbox-one-x-ps4-pro-pc/

Soldato
Given the price of monitors with 1000 nits and the PS4 Pros lack of potential 4K 60FPS titles would it just be worth keeping this monitor and buying a HDMI 2.0 to allow 4K 30FPS?

You mean buying a cable? You can use any HDMI cable, but you will be limited to 30Hz.

Soldato
Just picked up one of these, as I've been hankering after 4K for a while now due to productivity requirements... must say I'm blown away by how good this IPS panel is. Puts every other one I've had to shame. No dead/stuck pixels or dust under the panel (something I've encountered far too often), and no visible bleed or glow to speak of either... although I'll need to have a proper look tonight with the lights dimmed to say for certain on that. I've certainly had IPS monitors with it visible in daylight though, so there's no question this is superior.

32" is perfect for 4K, that much I can see immediately. Friend of mine has a 27" 4K monitor and I always felt I was squinting a little bit at that size. On 125% scaling though, 32" is bang on and super sharp. 4K video looks amazing, and the colour on this is really punchy. Need to tinker with the settings more, but out the box it's very good.

The manufacture date is March 2018. I have read about the flicker issues with this monitor, so I'll keep an eye out for that.

Overall though, this looks like a keeper!! :D

Associate
A little late to the game, but my XB321HK has gotten a bit of dust between what looks like the LCD and the screen. No amount of gentle tapping or suction cupping has dislodged it. Wouldn't be a huge issue, but the speck has gotten stuck right in the middle of the screen. Otherwise, it's a superb monitor probably the best I've used, but I can't live with her like this (it's like my favorite horse has a limp).

My display is unfortunately out of warranty at this point, so I'm looking at taking the display apart myself to dislodge the speck. Has anyone tried taking their screen apart? Is the disassembly similar to other displays?

Edit: Good news, and very bad news... I was able to remove the spec (it was a large piece of something/dusk that had somehow stuck itself to the back of the LCD panel (between the LCD panel and diffuser). In the process, I cracked the bottom-right of the LCD panel and the screen now has flashing lines in the top-right of the screen. The LCD panel rests on a few plastic hinges on the bottom and I guess it cracked when I was moving the panel forward to clean. Fuuuudge... I guess I'm in the market for sourcing a new M320QAN01.0 panel. These things happen I guess, and I take comfort in that I was at my wits end with the spec stuck right in the middle of the screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom