Wd Gold Drives Advice

Associate
As my wd black 4tb drive will end up being full at some point i am looking for a bigger drive solution maybe in raid to speed things up and as well ,solid state still not really viable in large doses and probably not good for big data transfers for video and photos over time ,so was thinking about wd gold they certainly look good on paper and better than wd black by the looks of it ,i know nothing about raid other than it can either speed up or protect drive in disk failure or both with more than 2 drives ? How easy is it to set in theory and to transfer from my black to gold drives ,any advice appreciated .

Soldato
Hi , I have 2 x 2TB WD Gold drives in my latest build. Can't fault the drives, very quite and fast for a HDD. Yes they are better then the black due to no ramp technology.

With Raid there is Raid 0, stripped, this will help performance but more chance of data failure. Or Raid 1 where the drives are mirrored so if a drive fails the other drive has a backup. Raid 1 is far more secure then Raid 0. There are also other raid levels that combine Raid 1 and Raid 0 modes, what are you trying to achieve with Raid.

Back
Top Bottom