*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
Would have preferred to see the V2 instead, maybe that'll be added later.

I hope they don't. The last thing this games needs is random explosive deaths from call-ins you can hear coming. The V2 arrives on target travelling faster than the speed of sound, you could hear the bang as the warhead detonated before you heard it arriving. One interview I saw said it sounded a bit like a Tube Train entering a station.

V F

V F

Soldato
Associate
I have a few goes of this game this afternoon. Not to bad. Nice big open maps and plenty of action. Possible get this when it comes out. I was surprised my old gpu handled it ok.

Caporegime
I hope they don't. The last thing this games needs is random explosive deaths from call-ins you can hear coming. The V2 arrives on target travelling faster than the speed of sound, you could hear the bang as the warhead detonated before you heard it arriving. One interview I saw said it sounded a bit like a Tube Train entering a station.

Well they could slow it down for the game, and realistically its just replacing one rocket model with another.

Associate
I quite like some of the cosmetic upgrades you can carry out on the weapons, but the performance-based ones are naff - plus I accidentally purchased the wrong item and now I can't unlock the vertical recoil reduction perk lol.

To be fair, there's no incentive to use any weapon other than the STG44.

Associate
Seems crazy to me that they aren't going to extend the beta - surely they'd be better off giving everyone another week or so and use the feedback to improve the game? There are so many bugs it's a joke, I'm sure half of them will be in the game come launch, too.

Associate
I WAS loving this, for the first 3 hours I was hooked, I logged off and had another go today. And I didn’t enjoy it anywhere as near as much, there’s strange tint to the graphics, not as bad as BF3’s blue tint, but it looks off, the lack of spotting makes it sniper heavy (unless I’ve missed something?) the game as a whole Just didn’t do it for me, at all. I’ll go back to BFBC2 for my BF fix

Not for me, infact, I can’t believe I’m saying it, but after a friend sent me a link to a JackFrags video on Call Of Duty’s Battle Royale mode, I’m more interested in that, the trailer blew me away

Last edited:
Associate
So far my impression.not impressed with state the beta is in....
1..squad,friend join is broken.other day it kept moving people from squad.only able to join one friend from main screen( why not show all friends who are different server give option to join them)?
2..Revive bug is back
3..constantly running out of ammo
4..draw distance too much..hardly able to see people
5..ammo dumps blowing up especially when in tank.
6.. medic weapons poor for medium to long ranges
7..reoccuring being randomly one shot killed,but when you try to kill someone it take a whole clip?
8..people timing out to quickly unable to get to them to revive.
9..tank turret speed annoying
10..shooting in third person with tank is off
11..snipers bit like bf1 overwhelmed how many people go sniper and just camp.with no sniper glint hard to spot them or be effective against them from range.

Zia
Number 11 is spot on, it’s ruined the game completely, it needs adding ASAP

Caporegime
Seems crazy to me that they aren't going to extend the beta - surely they'd be better off giving everyone another week or so and use the feedback to improve the game? There are so many bugs it's a joke, I'm sure half of them will be in the game come launch, too.

There was a hint at that a while back of them making it longer, maybe they'll have a second beta closer to launch to showcase improvements?

Associate
Ive had no crashes at all with this, i keep getting a bug where i get revived and it kills me anyway and then, im sat on the spawn screen with a 9 second countdown to spawn that never changes. Just sits there on 9 seconds and i have to leave the game.

Same here, has happened to me a few times now...annoying!

Caporegime
A few things that come to mind..

Destruction on Rotterdam is virtually non existent besides a few parts of the b flag area that can be taken down, and some parts that a v1 can destroy.

Incendiary grenades are practically worthless, i counted 12 "hit" sounds earlier and it seemed to do minimal damage to the enemy 35-40 or so. Why were they so effective in Bf1 and so **** in this?

Crocodile tank.....just lol. The flame thrower trailer basically flips and bobbles all over the show, even turning a corner can have it spazzing out and twisting around all over the place. Can we not just ditch this gimmicky trailer? Yes not historically accurate without it but who really cares? One time it spawned without the trailer but still had the flame thrower working, should at least have the option to detach the trailer (afaik you currently don't despite attaching weapons being an option) as infantry generally stay well away from the flamethrower making it pretty useless.

Attrition system gets old fast, i see what they're trying to do to force squads to work together to keep people topped up, but they're negating to take into account this relies on having a support guy that can actually dish out ammo. And going by past history that's asking a LOT.

Caporegime
I am loving this game. But it's buggy as hell. Not even close to release. Bugs above make 100% sense

Its easily a few months off to say the least, dice delaying by a month won't even scratch the surface of what needs to be done. But the simple fact is EA are not going to miss the holiday sales so it's gonna launch in "beta" state at best.

Soldato
Anyone else having trouble tonight?

When I launch the game I'm getting a "can't connect online" (or whatever) screen. When I press the "try again" (or whatever) button enough times and it eventually lets me in, when I try to join a game from the server browser it times-out with an "unknown error".

I'm guessing it's just prime-time jitters?

Back
Top Bottom