The ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX/EXTREME Owners Thread

Associate
Wondering if someone can help me figure out why the Asus Hyper m2 x16 card will not recognise more than 2 drives in it at a time, I currently have 2 960 evo's in it (raid 0) and just tried adding a single 970 evo. I am pretty sure I have the bios settings set correctly, am I right in thinking this should just work off the bat and be recognised in Windows disk manager, my motherboard is an Asus Apex X299. Would greatly appreciate any feedback

I just attempted to remove all the drives and just use the 970 and low and behold it works in slots 1 and 2 but not in slots 3 and 4, ahhhhhhhh wth

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Man of Honour
OP
New Management Engine firmware available from ASUS in downloads:

Intel has identified security issue that could potentially place impacted platform at risk.
Use ME Update tool to update your ME.
*We suggest you update ME Driver to the latest Version 11.11.55.1509 simultaneously.

Soldato
@noobftw you need intel SSD's and a licence dongle to use VROC

the licence dongle plugs into the motherboard and they are no longer available it seems.

RAID & VROC
  • VROC
    Use the CPU_DIMM.2 expansion card to take advantage of Intel's Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) feature* by connecting two M.2 drives in RAID. Or maximize storage performance with the addition of an ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card** for up to four PCIe® 3.0 x4 M.2 drives and total bandwidth of up to 128Gbps. With VROC, your RAID arrays are easily configured to be bootable, and traditional DMI bottlenecks are eliminated so your storage is not held back by other traffic.

*Additional purchase of Intel VROC hardware key required for RAID 1, 5 or 10
    **The ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card is sold separately
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-APEX/

Man of Honour
OP
New bios is up:

ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX BIOS 1503
Improve system stability and performance.
Update ME firmware to version 11.11.55.1509.
Fixed an issue that affected the boot device menu when two OS’s were installed on the same drive.

Associate
Hi, I'm still with the old 1004 (7900X @4.8 on a R6Apex), I was planning to update to the 1401, now I see the 1503 is available as well.
Anyone noticed any kind of performance loss / oc capability decreased from the 1401 to this 1503?
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom