Wiring / smoke problems

Associate
noob building first pc everything going well has pc running and everything fine but realised the lights on the pc case wasn’t on so I figured I must have plugged something in wrong started messing with the fan hub on the rear of case ( noctis 450 rog ) and when I turned it on smoke came out of Hub now I can’t get pc on mb is a z270f ASUS link for where am up to please help / have I ruined pc https://youtu.be/EgGHa3TsMZ4

Associate
Not an expert on this but many years ago I had this problem as there was some faulty wiring for the front panel of the case which caused a part of the case to be live and therefore it smoked the wire from the reset switch.

Are you certain the smoke was from the fan hub and have you checked the rest of the case to see if there are any physical signs of damage?

Associate
OP
Yes the smoke came from the hub 100% nothing else looks damaged motherboard still lights up I went to a pc repair shop they said it could be just the hub compent as its linked to the front panel wiring aswell hence not switching on or a fried case or mb have to wait a week to drop it off then another week for results

Back
Top Bottom