UV lighting questions.

Associate
I don't know why but I've always loved the look of UV lighting and the way it works with my custom loop and recently i decided to switch back to some mayhems UV green fluid.

The problem i'm having is that whatever i buy , either UV cathodes or UV led strips they work ok for a few months then dim to the level they don't give out much light at all and as such the UV effect of the liquid looks poor.

Am i just buying crap quality UV lighting ? I don't seem to have any issue with any other cathodes or leds , just UV.

Soldato
I think it might be more likely to be the UV component of the fluid itself breaking down... unless you're saying you're actually seeing visible dimming of the light emitted from the cathode/LEDs themselves?

Associate
OP
I think it might be more likely to be the UV component of the fluid itself breaking down... unless you're saying you're actually seeing visible dimming of the light emitted from the cathode/LEDs themselves?

I found the problem, its the gel/ clear silicon coat they cover the strip with, it degrades over time, just checked a new sealed reel and it has the same problem, pealed the coating off and the leds are as bright as ever :)

Soldato
I found the problem, its the gel/ clear silicon coat they cover the strip with, it degrades over time, just checked a new sealed reel and it has the same problem, pealed the coating off and the leds are as bright as ever :)

Well that was easy lol! :)

Back
Top Bottom