Gigabyte Aero 15 X Gaming Notebook With GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Graphics

Associate
A couple of questions for @Atom80 and @baloney

1) Where can I buy additional power supplies for the Aero 15x please? I could use a couple of spares.

2) I've noticed a very faint clicking noise that has just recently started coming from the rear of the laptop, it sounds like 5 or 6 clicks in quick succession, then nothing for 5 seconds or so then it starts again. Is this one of the fans on it's way out?

For first question Atom80 could answer you; For the second question it may be caused by the interference of the fan & mechanical parts. My personal suggestion is that try to re-screw the bottom cover also the fan if possible

Associate
For first question Atom80 could answer you; For the second question it may be caused by the interference of the fan & mechanical parts. My personal suggestion is that try to re-screw the bottom cover also the fan if possible

Ok thanks, I'll try that over the weekend.

If I can't get a direct answer on where to buy the PSU, can I at least ask for what I should be searching for? :)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
A couple of questions for @Atom80 and @baloney

1) Where can I buy additional power supplies for the Aero 15x please? I could use a couple of spares.

2) I've noticed a very faint clicking noise that has just recently started coming from the rear of the laptop, it sounds like 5 or 6 clicks in quick succession, then nothing for 5 seconds or so then it starts again. Is this one of the fans on it's way out?

Hi @ Brok - sorry for the delay in replying to you.

You can contact our Service Partner who can quote you for additional AC Adapters: 0844 244 9999 / Email: [email protected]

Regarding the clicking, impossible to identify the issue remotely, but if you feel that something isn't right it would be the same contact as above to book the unit in to have it looked at.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
I think one of the fans has stopped working :( I can see the blades on one of them even when the machine is powered up. Any idea what the typical turnaround on repairs is as I use this laptop for work?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I think one of the fans has stopped working :( I can see the blades on one of them even when the machine is powered up. Any idea what the typical turnaround on repairs is as I use this laptop for work?

HI @Brok - Turn-around time is normally very quick (5 days total is not unusual including the 2 days transit time, there and back to you), assuming parts in stock - they can confirm this when you speak with them.

When did you purchase, and from where?

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

PS - Did you get pricing fro the additional AC Adaptor? If not, we spoke to the service centre, and the cost would be around £94 (this includes a £10 carriage fee)

Associate
HI @Brok - Turn-around time is normally very quick (5 days total is not unusual including the 2 days transit time, there and back to you), assuming parts in stock - they can confirm this when you speak with them.

When did you purchase, and from where?

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

PS - Did you get pricing fro the additional AC Adaptor? If not, we spoke to the service centre, and the cost would be around £94 (this includes a £10 carriage fee)

I bought it from here, end of April/early May time. Thanks for the update on the adaptor costs, I’ll sort that out soon.

Associate
The fan won't spin if the temp of CPU or GPU is not high enough - for noise cancellation

Associate
@Atom80 / @baloney

Heading home next week and looking to buy, but just want to make 100% sure that a 970 EVO 2TB M2 is compatible. :)

This: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...-3.0-x4-nvme-solid-state-drive-hd-23q-sa.html

Mainly coz of the cost. :)

Tnx.

As standard protocol, all SSD installed in our laptop has been tested through and we cannot guarantee the compatibility of the SSD which hasn't been tested.
but my personal opinion is......compared with RAM, there're less compatibility issues on SSD so maybe you could try to get it home, plug-in and test by yourself

Associate
Hi folks,

I’m looking for a port replicator that I can leave on my desk at home and hook up the following with a single cable

2 monitors, one via DP and one via HDMI
Ethernet
Speakers via 3.5mm
2-3 USB devices

The closest I can find to this is the Dell WD15 but it’s pretty expensive. Are there any other options that others have used that I could look at please?

Also this only outputs at 60hz max refresh rate whereas I have a 144hz external monitor. Is this a restriction on video over Thunderbolt 3 in general or just this dock?

Thanks for any assistance!

Associate
Hi folks,

I’m looking for a port replicator that I can leave on my desk at home and hook up the following with a single cable

2 monitors, one via DP and one via HDMI
Ethernet
Speakers via 3.5mm
2-3 USB devices

The closest I can find to this is the Dell WD15 but it’s pretty expensive. Are there any other options that others have used that I could look at please?

Also this only outputs at 60hz max refresh rate whereas I have a 144hz external monitor. Is this a restriction on video over Thunderbolt 3 in general or just this dock?

Thanks for any assistance!

1. Not sure if this one fits your need:
http://www.goodway.com.tw/tw/product3.asp?listid=2&id=23&subid=98&pid=1209&typeid=

2. The incapability of 144Hz output should be due to dock itself

Associate
So a brief update, turned out the thermal unit (ie fans etc) was faulty and has been replaced. Good turnaround from MendIT and excellent comms so thumbs up there. Due back with me on Monday so fingers crossed that’s all sorted now.

I also bought 2 additional power supplies from them, higher than quoted by @Atom80 but they assured me the cheaper psu would not allow charging under gaming loads so ended up having to shell out £120+VAT each! Ouch...

For port replicator I went for a CalDigit TS3+ in the end. Not cheap but seems to be the best in the market, once my home office renovations are complete I’ll report back in how it gets on. Note I haven’t found a single replicator that supports greater than 60hz video output which is a shame but I can live with it.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
So a brief update, turned out the thermal unit (ie fans etc) was faulty and has been replaced. Good turnaround from MendIT and excellent comms so thumbs up there. Due back with me on Monday so fingers crossed that’s all sorted now.

I also bought 2 additional power supplies from them, higher than quoted by @Atom80 but they assured me the cheaper psu would not allow charging under gaming loads so ended up having to shell out £120+VAT each! Ouch...

For port replicator I went for a CalDigit TS3+ in the end. Not cheap but seems to be the best in the market, once my home office renovations are complete I’ll report back in how it gets on. Note I haven’t found a single replicator that supports greater than 60hz video output which is a shame but I can live with it.

Hi @Brok - We remember posting price for the adapter you enquired about, and the price was supplied by the service centre - maybe there was some crossed wires (no pun intended). Sorry if that's the case.

Can you please confirm the power rating of the unit you have purchased. Reason we ask is we have in the last week or so, brought in a supply of the adapters so that a couple of our key partners can provide them for sale, including OCUK:

AERO15 AC Adapter.

Let us know as we are meeting with Mendit next week.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
@Atom80 the difference as far as I can tell is the PSU originally supplied with my laptop is 215W whereas the ones in the link in your post are only 180W. Perhaps the latest models need an uprated PSU.

I'll confirm exactly what MendIT shipped when I get them.

Associate
Hi @MasterPlan1 - The unit you are considering is a bargain, and would be supported with 1 year global warranty. Collect and Return, ie no courier charges for you.

Let us know if any further questions.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Obviously you're not going to divulge much information, but I'm assuming the failure rate on these (as they're your god tier) laptops is pretty low?

And I'm also assuming that refurb QA is pretty good - and you'd only release the product back into the wild in as-new condition? I'm used to buying 2nd hand/refurb kit, but not at such a premium price, so I'm a little bit hesitant :)

Back
Top Bottom