Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
Part of me likes the Mavic 2 Pro , Although the Zoom is cheaper and the zoom might be useful for some nice effects or when i can't get as close as i want to something, but still want it to look like the camera is there .... BUT.... It's very expensive on it's own against the old fly-more combo kits , and i checked with Heliguy today, who confirmed the old batteries are not compatible. I'd have kept my Mavic-Pro and run them side-by side sharing batteries.

Might wait and see what happens with the phantom range

Soldato
Folks, has anyone tried the Mavic Pro low noise props? Having looked around online it seems they have a mixed reception. Some folk said they made a huge difference to noise, some folk said they didn't. Some also said that the low noise props made the aircraft feel slower in pace?

Soldato
Picked up my (new to me) Mavic Pro yesterday, had a quick play with it today. Will stick some footage up later. Love it, coming from a Phantom 3 this is a cracking little upgrade. Will be seriously useful for throwing in my motorbike tank bag and grabbing some footage of out of the way places. :cool:

Soldato
Quick basic vid from my workpalce today - Stirling Fire Station using my Mavic Pro. Need to pick up some ND filters, lens flare from the sun over the castle is a bit much. Can anyone recommend ND filters which would overcome the likes of this?

Associate
Jumped into the world of DJI and ordered a Mavic 2 Pro so eagerly awaiting for it to land from Heliguy.

Luckily it comes with free crash cover as I suspect I might need it.

Last edited:
Don
Folks, has anyone tried the Mavic Pro low noise props? Having looked around online it seems they have a mixed reception. Some folk said they made a huge difference to noise, some folk said they didn't. Some also said that the low noise props made the aircraft feel slower in pace?

Yes, and they're great. You need to drop your basic gains a bit though or you get vibrations. Most of the negative feedback is from people who haven't changed their gains.

I'm on the fence whether I'm going to get a Pro 2. I'd love the 1" sensor but I just can't justify the cost at the moment. Maybe try and wangle one as a wedding present from someone (getting married in October).

Soldato
Yes, and they're great. You need to drop your basic gains a bit though or you get vibrations. Most of the negative feedback is from people who haven't changed their gains.

I'm on the fence whether I'm going to get a Pro 2. I'd love the 1" sensor but I just can't justify the cost at the moment. Maybe try and wangle one as a wedding present from someone (getting married in October).

Congrats on the impending wedding, Rilot!!! :D I haven't mucked about with gains/expo in the DJI 4 app, any recommendations for what to adjust?

The Mavic Pro still does all I need from a drone, I'm thinking like you that upgrading to a Mavic 2 is a step too early at this point?

Soldato
Preordered a Zoom this morning from Heliguy (crash damage and extra warranty sold it, plus the fact there around the corner from me) just had an email to say its ready and remaining payment required, shame im working away tomorrow and wont be able to call in :(

Soldato
Looking forward to flying my Mavic in the US over the next two weeks - probably only get a handful of chances as we're in towns and cities a bit where I won't fly but there's plenty of open areas outside the national parks I can give it a go!

Anyone recommend good places to fly in California? We're going from San Fran by road to Los Angeles via Death Valley / Vegas!

Soldato
Looking forward to flying my Mavic in the US over the next two weeks - probably only get a handful of chances as we're in towns and cities a bit where I won't fly but there's plenty of open areas outside the national parks I can give it a go!

Anyone recommend good places to fly in California? We're going from San Fran by road to Los Angeles via Death Valley / Vegas!
I can't recommend anywhere but look forward to seeing some footage :)

Soldato
I was charging my Mavic up tonight ready for a long motorbike weekend away when once of 'those' sunsets popped up, so I quickly got the Mavic in the air and took a few snaps. I'd been flirting with the idea of updating to the Mavic 2 (Pro for me - not interested in the Zoom), and I know that pictures like this would be better, but I'm struggling to justify the probable £600 - £800 difference when I'm now only using it 4 or 5 times a year.

I think I'm going to hold off and maybe see what the Mavic Air 2 looks like.

oX1m0QU.jpg

Soldato
Lovely photo. I'm like you, probably only use it 3 to 5 times a year. I have wondered if I should just sell it, but it's such a unique device, the pinnacle of gadgets really. I feel like I need to keep it as an option.

The other reason I think to sell it and I guess one reason I don't use it as much is it's kinda hard to fly it a lot of the time (where I am at least) due to the restrictions we deal with.

Soldato
Ever since going on a trip with a mate who has the Mavic Air, I find the normal Mavic a major PITA to get out and fly in comparison to the Air, which is half the size and half the set up time, even though they're both small and quick already. Progress, I guess!

Soldato
Got my Mavic 2 Pro but haven’t flown it yet due to heavy rain.

I set my Mavic 2 up 35hrs ago and I remember I was prompted to sign up to DJI Refresh within 48hrs.

How is this any different than the refresh you can buy anytime for £109 etc?

A few posts ago, someone mentioned getting theirs as a free add on?

I made the mistake of not ordering the fly more kit and I see it is £339 now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom