Evil within 2

Soldato
So started playing this recently on ps4 pro, it's a huge improvement over the first one in all aspects and looks great on ps4 too imo.

Though I know it's old now I don't recall it being well received and didn't sell all that well as I know it dropped in price quickly too.

Just wondered what people thought here?

I'm on chapter 9, so I'm getting to last part of it all too

Soldato
I liked the intro. Up until around chapter 4? When you get to explore a small town etc I felt that was really well done but then for me the game became really cheesy and just seemed to drag on a little too much. It's been a while so I can't quite recall what it was in particular that made it feel this way, but I remember just wanting it to end :(

I think I'm in the minority though, most loved it

I just didn't care for the character or his story either really which probably didn't help :D

Still a vast improvement over the original

Soldato
OP
I liked the intro. Up until around chapter 4? When you get to explore a small town etc I felt that was really well done but then for me the game became really cheesy and just seemed to drag on a little too much. It's been a while so I can't quite recall what it was in particular that made it feel this way, but I remember just wanting it to end :(

I think I'm in the minority though, most loved it

I just didn't care for the character or his story either really which probably didn't help :D

Still a vast improvement over the original
I had that exact feeling with the first, still battled through though.

I get the gripe with the character Sebastian is very wooden in every scenario same with kidman.

This and re7 (re7 vastly superior) show though there is room for this genre it needs more games

Soldato
I had that exact feeling with the first, still battled through though.

I get the gripe with the character Sebastian is very wooden in every scenario same with kidman.

This and re7 (re7 vastly superior) show though there is room for this genre it needs more games

Yeah I really wish we got more in the genre. Was gutted when silent hills got axed :(

Associate
Got bored with this and traded it in before I finished it. Was probably quite near the end but just couldn’t be bothered. I preferred the first game. Loved it at first but motivation to finish it wasn’t there.

Man of Honour
Super bump.

Have decided to give this a whirl. Playing on the hard difficulty and it seems.... too hard :confused: :p

I like it when the difficulty means your skills are challenged.... not when dealing with more than enemy is almost automatically an instadeath situation where you have to have several attempts to make it through. Even with full health and some ammo it’s pretty much impossible to down all enemies within an ambush!

Hopefully it’ll get a bit easier once I’ve levelled up.

The ghost lady is pretty darn scary!

Soldato
OP
Super bump.

Have decided to give this a whirl. Playing on the hard difficulty and it seems.... too hard :confused: :p

I like it when the difficulty means your skills are challenged.... not when dealing with more than enemy is almost automatically an instadeath situation where you have to have several attempts to make it through. Even with full health and some ammo it’s pretty much impossible to down all enemies within an ambush!

Hopefully it’ll get a bit easier once I’ve levelled up.

The ghost lady is pretty darn scary!
I think I just did it on normal and in spots even that was tricky!

Yes the ghost lady is deff on the scary side, she has some optional encounters which are great too

Man of Honour
I think I just did it on normal and in spots even that was tricky!

Yes the ghost lady is deff on the scary side, she has some optional encounters which are great too
When I first ran into the ghost lady and it was one of those ‘hide away from her’ sections.... I immediately looked up how to do it on YouTube.

I love horror games but I can’t stand those sections. They just aren’t fun to me in any game. Too stressful!

Caporegime
That frost lady is the scariest thing yet. I like the way she comes through the DualShock speaker. I’ve just been exploring the town, haven’t even done the first objective. I probably shouldn’t have put it on easy as it’s taking some of the atmosphere away as I can just shoot everything with ample ammo.

Soldato
I love these games... A great inclusion into the genre. The first one was mentally tough until you got the better weapons and learned how to conserve ammo. The gore was top notch as well.

I do like these sort of games though so i can understand if people get frustrated, bored at times or just not like it but not me..

I really do hope they start getting more games like these... We need more creepy weirdness and horror games.

Man of Honour
I’m playing in Nightmare and there is a bit that just seems completely impossible in chapter 4.... where you get gang raped by about 7 monsters at once waiting for a door to unlock.

I hate lowering difficultly but... dang!

edit - actually I’ll do a little streaming if people want to watch

Back
Top Bottom