Sennheiser BTNC 4.5 battery

Caporegime
Had my Sennheiser BTNC 4.5s for about a year now. The battery would only need charging once or maybe twice a week but I seem to be getting the low battery warning a lot quicker now. It seems to sound an alarm off at 30% and then continues every few minutes. Previously these type of warnings were when the battery was about to die, not 30%. I understand the battery will lose some of its capacity over time but this seems quite significant and am not sure if it's the warning system been too aggressive or the battery performance has fallen off a cliff.

Anyone experience similar issues? And how easy is it to replace a battery as I really like these headphones.

Soldato
Seems like quite a drop in how much charge the battery holds after only a year.

I've just had a read of the manual and the charge battery warning. Doesn't mention an alarm, but it seems to indicate voice prompts of expected playtime left in hours at more than 45%, less 45%, 23%, 11% and 2% which has a prompt to recharge the battery. I would find that annoying with so many warnings. Why not just a one time prompt at say 5% when they are connected.

Does seem odd that it is putting out a recharge warning at about 30% though, rather than 2% that's suggested in the manual. Either the battery is so far gone a warning at 2% is not possible, or there is some fault with detecting the charge the battery is holding.

Many Sennheiser products have a 2 year warranty, but reading the conditions of their 24 month warranty suggests that batteries are not covered. The manual does mention about changing the battery, and mentions this can be done at one of their service partners. I guess you'd only find out how much by contacting a service centre.

You could do it yourself if you know how to take them apart, but there is also finding the correct battery. Depends how common a battery it is I guess.

Soldato
Mine has been doing the same, except I've got momentum wireless. They'll go to 20%, and then very quickly deteriorate, and within minutes I'm getting "please charge headset". On the third announcement, they die :/

Soldato
It's poor. 2 year warranty, but a battery that doesn't last half of it?

They really should make them more easily changeable and purchasable by the customer, if they won't include the battery in the warranty.

Soldato
I have these headphones and finding out the battery level is a PITA. If you miss the abitrary stern voice announcement then you're out of luck, my phone (nokia 8 running android 8.1) shows the battery level but it seems to show 100% until about 20% remains and then rapidly drops shown level until the headphones die.

However battery life had always been stellar and I have had no noticeable drop in capacity over 1.5 years.

Back
Top Bottom