PES 2019 - All aboard the hype train!

Associate
That time o' year when the PES hype train can begin to pick up steam...

With the loss of the Champions League licence, PES needs something(s) to atone. Needless to say gameplay will still be the focus but what else does PES 2019 have up its sleeve?

Apparently the Sony store in Hong Kong listed PES 2019 features (and quickly pulled):

• AUTHENTIC LEAGUES: Huge addition of licensed leagues
  • NEW MYCLUB: Every element has been redone, from how you sign players, to special versions of players released throughout the year
  • MAGIC MOMENTS: Player individuality taken to the next level with 11 new skill traits, score great goals with improved shooting motion and animation and see stamina have an impact with Visible Fatigue
  • THE BEAUTIFUL GAME: Photo-realism with stunning animation flow in 4K HDR
  • ML REAL SEASON: Experience life as a real manager with 3 significant changes: ICC pre-season, in-depth transfer system and new league licences
Some potential screens...

LE01.jpg

LE02.jpg

LE03.jpg

My biggest PES 2019 wants:

Liverpool licence/partnership remains
PC matches console version
Deeper ML
Gameplay and animation improvements
Better online (quality and responsiveness)

It's also worth mentioning there was a release date of August 30th before it was pulled too...

Either way, I canne wait!

Soldato
I would prefer if they could return the master league superstar difficulty level back to its pre PES 2018 state, in other words tone down the utterly ridiculous AI scripting bullshine down to tolerable levels, without making it as easy as ****, you have Top Player to fulfil that role if you want an easy game. I mean come on, Superstar in PES2018 is just utter scripted nonsense.

My prediction for what they will do with the Champions League savings? Absolutely nothing. Seriously, I bet the game will barely change from last year.

Soldato
I always get excited every year and buy PES then i get disappointed the games needs a massive overhaul.

Button delay online.
Players pushing into the back of you and winning the ball likes its american football.
Crappy collisions.
Goalkeepers needs improving
My club is complete mess random players, managers needs removing income needs reworking.
Bring back 2v2 couch coop.
Match teams vs star rating.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Probably spend most of their time trying to squeeze even more money out of their customers with the awful FUT competitor they’ve shoehorned in.

Master League is the only reason I’d buy PES these days, last year the game actually played really well too, shame if they gut the mode completely I’d just stick with FIFA.

Soldato
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been updated more often.

I bought the game this year. I've been a fifa player since the very early versions. But over the years I think fifa has lost its way when it comes to actual game play. Fifa has become more a simulation than an arcade style game.

I dipped my toe in to PES last year but didnt play much as its totally different game and I wasn't used to the change so went back to Fifa.

But with the news this year that the only improvements Fifa 19 has is the champions league mode, which sounds like as much effort they put in to the world cup mode on a free dlc a couple of months before. So far no gameplay updates have been mentioned and the career mode is untouched. People are complaining and they must be true as EA haven't commented much so far. So now is the time I chose to try and get in to PES.

PES is a totally different game and while I'm still learning the on-field controls, I'm enjoying it big time. The game flows really well, and as that pick up and play arcade feel that fifa used to have. One thing I like is we can do free training, so you pick how many players you have vs the computer and just go out on the field to kick the ball around. In fifa this mode was removed and still hasn't been put back in, no reason given.

So if you're fed up with fifa this time, and are a casual gamer then give PES a try.

I'm still getting used to all the off-field options, and trying to figure that out. But so far I'm impressed by the game.

Soldato
I played the demo a bit and enjoyed it, online in the Demo was also really good, felt a lot more playable than Fifa and not as spammy, the guy I do gamesharing with & I are seriously considering the PES route this time, to save money spent on FUT if nothing else, its obviously not as "deep" or graphically polished as Fifa, but the gameplay just seems way more natural and geared towards being an actual game of football rather than hoofball & pace abuse, I really want to pull the trigger on it!

Soldato
I have not bought it yet, put off by the reports of AI low cross spam on Superstar difficulty and woeful Master League transfer realism. I have bought every version of PES since the first, loved them all up till 2017. 2018 was where they first introduced *extreme* AI cheat scripting on superstar difficulty, and it seems they have carried this in to 2019. Don't get me wrong, scripting has always been there, but in 2018 it just became ridiculous, and it just scaled with your team so you are never able to overcome it with better players. From what I hear this is how it is in 2019. That and the inexcusable lack of any effort whatsoever put in to developing, or at least maintaining Master League also puts me off. The sight of teams like Leicester selling nearly every player on their books in the first transfer window and replacing them with 5 goalkeepers and even then not having enough players to fill a match day squad is just laughable. Even the most basic QA would have picked this up before release. Adam Bhatti caught lying yet again about this specific issue. I get that if you play online you probably will never be bothered by these issues, but offline the game has issues. The fact that it has even got me thinking about Fifa says it all.

Soldato
I have not bought it yet, put off by the reports of AI low cross spam on Superstar difficulty and woeful Master League transfer realism. I have bought every version of PES since the first, loved them all up till 2017. 2018 was where they first introduced *extreme* AI cheat scripting on superstar difficulty, and it seems they have carried this in to 2019. Don't get me wrong, scripting has always been there, but in 2018 it just became ridiculous, and it just scaled with your team so you are never able to overcome it with better players. From what I hear this is how it is in 2019. That and the inexcusable lack of any effort whatsoever put in to developing, or at least maintaining Master League also puts me off. The sight of teams like Leicester selling nearly every player on their books in the first transfer window and replacing them with 5 goalkeepers and even then not having enough players to fill a match day squad is just laughable. Even the most basic QA would have picked this up before release. Adam Bhatti caught lying yet again about this specific issue. I get that if you play online you probably will never be bothered by these issues, but offline the game has issues. The fact that it has even got me thinking about Fifa says it all.
Fifa is the exact same if not worse The ai script cheating is a joke in that game regardless of what difficulty level you play

Soldato
I have not bought it yet, put off by the reports of AI low cross spam on Superstar difficulty and woeful Master League transfer realism.

AI is game breaking ATM with the low cross spam, it's comical to see it happen. I bought it for offline play so hoping they fix it but I doubt it.

Soldato
AI is game breaking ATM with the low cross spam, it's comical to see it happen. I bought it for offline play so hoping they fix it but I doubt it.

As far as I know they have not even acknowledged any issues other than Steam multiplayer connection issues, because you know, if people can't connect to online they are unlikely to be in a position to buy My Club coins. I highly doubt any AI issues or offline-centric problems will be fixed. People like TheTrueBrits putting off starting a Master League waiting for a patch, going to be waiting for some time unfortunately. I'll probably end up putting 2017 back on with whatever up to date OF I can find.

Soldato
Only pes I played and enjoyed was 6 I think it was on xbox 360 very early day!

After that always felt clunky,ball sounds like your kicking a brick every time, menus a mess seems they go back wards.

I don't want to have to mod the game to get teams as they should be, just pay for the license for christ sake.

I will be sticking with fifa

Soldato
Only pes I played and enjoyed was 6 I think it was on xbox 360 very early day!

After that always felt clunky,ball sounds like your kicking a brick every time, menus a mess seems they go back wards.

I don't want to have to mod the game to get teams as they should be, just pay for the license for christ sake.

I will be sticking with fifa
They cant simply pay for the licence. its locked down by EA

Back
Top Bottom