The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
nhpcyq.jpg

Breakfast again at Bill's in Glasgow this morning. I love smashed avocado on toast with poached eggs! :D

Pkiver.jpg

Not really got a big appetite right now, cause my crohn's has been flaring up a bit, but I opted to go to Patisserie Valerie for lunch. The Valerie club sandwich was really nice. Glad I didn't go for anything heavier though as even this left me feeling bloated for a while afterwards.

Soldato
Needs beans.

I'm not that into beans with a fryup. If it needed anything it was a bit of black pudding. And maybe a third tattie scone.

Normally your food looks great Craig but that breakfast looks very sad - bacon looks grey :(

Maybe it was the poor lightning, but the bacon was pink, not grey. And I enjoyed that breakfast, no matter how "sad" it looks.

Soldato
I feel guilty as **** right now. I ordered some lunch via Just Eat. A chilli cheese and pepperoni panini and a portion of chips, cheese and gravy. It was scheduled for delivery at 12.55 and at 12.37 it was marked as "en route". But at 1.25, still no delivery. The takeaway was now showing as "offline" on the website. I tried phoning the takeaway. It rang out. So I went onto the Just Eat live chat and asked them to chase up the order. They tried calling the store. No answer. They tried calling the store owner directly. No answer. They asked do I want to cancel/refund the order or wait longer. Considering at this point it was nearly an hour since the order was meant to have left, I assumed it was never coming and asked for a refund. Which I got right away. Okay I thought. Disappointing, but I got my money back. Literally like a minute later the doorbell rang. The delivery driver apologised, he was ran into by another car and he had to ask his dad to come pick him up so he could bring me the food. I of course said no problem, hope your okay, blah blah and took the food. Which was surprisingly still hot and was quite nice.

So I've ended up getting a free lunch. And I feel terrible about it. I mean how could I have known the guy was in an accident? Why didn't somebody answer the damn phone?! I would have waited longer and still been fine with it! :(

Back
Top Bottom