The Predator (2018)

Caporegime
Probably one of the worst reviews i've seen so far ... by all accounts it mostly goes for the comic angle + gore, honestly not sure what to think, certainly confirms why the trailers are all over the place. But at least high production values :)

https://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/the-predator-review-1202931727/

Some of the other reviews are much kinder, but still confirm the tone.

At least its only 105 minutes long, rather than one of those godawful robots smacking each other films that inexplicably go one for about 170 mins.

As expected sounds absolutely woeful.

Soldato
From the first trailer I thought it looked guff. Latest trailer makes it look slightly less guff.

Add this franchise to the list of franchises that need burying.

Soldato
The first trailer ruined allot of people's interest it was so bad.

That and the reviews, I'll wait till its out and in a bogof blu ray special for 10 quid n buy it then

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’ll go see it next week, not in any rush.

Just finished watching Predators (2010) which wasn’t as bad as I’d anticipated. Haven’t bothered watching any of the AVP films recently because I’ve already seen them once (years ago when they came out) and that’s quite enough :p

Soldato
Off to see this at 1230 today. My test for films like this, any film I see at the cinema actually, is would I have paid for the full priced ticket if I didn’t have an Odeon Limitless card. Surely it can’t be as bad as people here are expecting can it? :D

Soldato
I would not have been happy paying to go and see that.

It could have been a good film but one thing really ruined it for me and that's the ****oooo sweary not deleted, I almost bypassed the system**** from the bus, from the trailer, who were in the film throughout getting on my nerves in every scene they were in.

I took enjoyment as one by one they died gruesomely at the end of the film.

Soldato
I would not have been happy paying to go and see that.

It could have been a good film but one thing really ruined it for me and that's the ****oooo sweary not deleted, I almost bypassed the system**** from the bus, from the trailer, who were in the film throughout getting on my nerves in every scene they were in.

I took enjoyment as one by one they died gruesomely at the end of the film.

thats one of my main problems from the trailers - all the people look irritating and lacking any screen charisma.

Soldato
Look through this whole thread and i've been a sceptic all the way along. I actually really enjoyed it, humour was a little OTT but not typical Shane Black bad. Glaring plotholes aside it was an entertaining popcorn romp.

Soldato
If you go in not expecting anything from it, it's actually a fun movie with some hilarious jokes and quotes. Having Keegan-Michael Key playing a joker in it does make it work.

The Predator killer weapon at the end, everyone was losing their **** in the cinema thinking this has got to be Arnie hahaha. With how funny the movie was, it would have actually worked if it was him as some kind of cyber person :p

Soldato
The score for this on RT keeps on tumbling. At one point, I was surprised to see it around 70%. At the time, I thought that I hadn't seen a trailer for a film that look so bad get so many positive reviews. They must have let in all the critics guaranteed to give it a decent score first, because it's now dropped to 35%. :p

Associate
Just got back from this. Meh is all I can say. Much prefer predators (2010). Thought the CGI was dodgy as he'll at times. Acting is poor, didn't care for any character etc.

Turn brain off and you might find it mildly entertaining, worse of the series so far imo.

Caporegime
Just saw it.

Mess of a film. 5/10

Strangely enjoyable but not for reasons you would expect? Weird out of place jokes. incredibly clunky editing in parts. Characters that just are cliche and frankly weird.

Best Alien comedy film i seen in 2018 i guess.

The Pred Dogs, why... The I need to poop scene, impressive stomach control. Tourettes Soldier?? an unessacary evil bad guy

Jesus that review above is spot on for me lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom