• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Soooo standard clock 2080 significantly outperforming overclocked 1080Ti.... well would you look at that? Maybe all the naysayers will finally eat some humble pie (although I doubt it they will come back with some other lame argument as to why Nvidia are ******** and the new cards are evil - they probably kill kittens or something)... looking forward to my 2x 2080 Ti given these results, my god they are going to be insanely fast :)

LOL you believing a writeup from WCCFTech is the funniest thing I have read here today.

Here is what Videocardz has to say.

The new GeForce RTX 2080 is about to compete with GeForce GTX 1080 Ti in Time Spy and Fire Strike performance benchmarks. We are looking at performance similar to stock GTX 1080 Ti. The results vary because reference models are now overclocked (Founders Edition).

I wouldn't get to excited just yet if I was you. These are still only leaks, still only from synthetic benchmarks and we still know nothing about real world gaming.

Soldato
Am I missing something here with those "leaked" firestrike/timespy results for the 2080?

I've just looked at a review for the MSI 1080Ti Gaming X and it's scoring roughly the same?

i.e. in time spy, the GTX 1080Ti - 10166 graphics, the 2080 - 10,659

Hardly "smashing" the 1080Ti is it? and for over £100 more and 3gb less VRAM for use at 4k

That's just a WCCFTech Article. It's pretty safe to ignore most of it. Videocardz has a more realistic take on things.

Associate
Am I missing something here with those "leaked" firestrike/timespy results for the 2080?

I've just looked at a review for the MSI 1080Ti Gaming X and it's scoring roughly the same?

i.e. in time spy, the GTX 1080Ti - 10166 graphics, the 2080 - 10,659

Hardly "smashing" the 1080Ti is it? and for over £100 more and 3gb less VRAM for use at 4k
Yes I’m confused too, we’ve got members saying 2080 significantly outperforms 1080ti and that article shows they’re more or less the same.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-3dmark-time-spy-and-fire-strike-scores-leak

Associate
The wccftech article mentions the 2080 was running at 1875mhz so assuming it too can hit 2Ghz it may be a bit faster then the results show. We will have to wait and see though

Soldato
But Paladine says 2080 significantly outperforms 1080ti!! Is 5% significant?

I think he is overheating with excitement waiting for his new cards. Remember he claimed earlier in the thread that the 1080ti was only 20% faster than the 980ti? So his grasp of figures is a bit wonky at the moment. :p

He will be fine after the cards launch and he has calmed down a bit. Give him a break, we all get giddy with new purchases and when pre-ordering the wait can drive you crazy!!

Soldato
Ran one this morning as a comparison on the Strix, as haven't run Futuremark for quite some time:

Clocks were between 2025-2012 on stock fan curve.

Well, on Videocardz they have two results with the same drivers but different 2080 cards. The one with higher clock speeds has a lower score, only 9319. The lower clocked card had a score of 10659.

It's still not worth while anyone reading too much into these leaks. Might be a lot faster on release.

Caporegime
The Fe card looks to be a nice design, not sure about that big black slab in the middle of the heatink though, might have looked better all silver with black lettering.

Caporegime
That puts it maybe 5% faster than the 1080ti. Videocardz have another 2080 with the same driver getting a lower score.

Not that these mean anything at the moment.
Yer, not taking anything as evidence til official reviews are out but pretty much what I expected for a 2080 in fairness. Overclocking will be interesting and how each stacks against each and then DLSS and what that brings to performance.

Associate
I really like the way they look, very industrial. Its a nice change from all the in your face gaming designed most AIBs go for.

Back
Top Bottom