Can't even have a picture full of white people these days...

Soldato
they did this at local village music event a number of years ago, they printed a leaflet with a nice multicultal family sitting on the village green enjoying themselves. 2 mins of googling found the stock photo that they had photo shopped onto a picture taken from the previous years event.

pathetic, i emailed the event organisers asking for an explanation........ never got a reply!

SAD!

Soldato
The criticism is essentially related to the lack of diversity - again, no they haven't specifically said "too white" but that is essentially the issue being highlighted here

Again, that is a willful misrepresentation of what is being said.

They are saying not enough is being done to give the children first hand experience of mixing with culturally diverse people (which is 1 of the 3 reasons stated for not achieving outstanding) not that there is an issue with diversity within the school - which is how it was being reported.

I've just checked our OFSTED report (Good) and being that we essentially have no BAME children, nor do we go on trips to give them first hand experience, and funnily enough - nothing about diversity is mentioned.

That OFSTED inspector was trying to find things to write in her report methinks...

Soldato

They are saying not enough is being done to give the children first hand experience of mixing with culturally diverse people (which is 1 of the 3 reasons stated for not achieving outstanding) not that there is an issue with diversity within the school - which is how it was being reported.

I've just checked our OFSTED report (Good) and being that we essentially have no BAME children, nor do we go on trips to give them first hand experience, and funnily enough - nothing about diversity is mentioned.

That OFSTED inspector was trying to find things to write in her report methinks...
do kids from inner city BAME schools go to visit english country village schools to give them an insight into life outside of cities?

Caporegime

it's direct quotes of what was said, you're the one trying to gloss over it

well "diversity" was an issue with this particular report as already highlighted... I'm not sure what relevance your report has here, especially if you also failed to get an outstanding rating like the school in question.

do kids from inner city BAME schools go to visit english country village schools to give them an insight into life outside of cities?

doubtful - though I suspect the other school in the image has sufficient white people to tick the box even if they're all urban folk - I expect the diversity requirements can be met at a rather superficial level

I guess it is more down to the rural school to organise trips etc..

Soldato
Judging by TV adverts you can't even have a white married couple, mixed race couples are obviously the
norm in the UK.

Yep, i've noticed this in the last few years, what's interesting that it's always a black person (usually male) and white (usually female), but not a single Asian or Oriental person

Soldato

This is very close to blackface racism. But because its for the politically correct Gods it'll get a pass.

The politically correct brigade need to make up their minds. If a white person says he can only relate to white people its racism. But yet here we see them going out of their way to 'black up' someone in the hope if a black person sees it they will be more likely to go there. But thats not racism.

Soldato
Yep, i've noticed this in the last few years, what's interesting that it's always a black person (usually male) and white (usually female), but not a single Asian or Oriental person

There was one not too long back that featured a black, his white wife and a Chinese looking kid. To paraphrase Pokémon, gotta tick 'em all.

Soldato
not directly, but there is a general view that it is a problem if a school or organisation is "too white", but apparently not the other way around

KaY63F1.jpg

What do they do? Force some non-white people with kids to move in to the area. Like some kinda of confused, ultra P.C dictatorship? :p

"The white people demand you to live here now, to make us more "progressive!""

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom