• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Yer, not taking anything as evidence til official reviews are out but pretty much what I expected for a 2080 in fairness. Overclocking will be interesting and how each stacks against each and then DLSS and what that brings to performance.

Well, you have been saying the 2080 will be on par with the 1080ti, just like I have. So I am sorry to tell you that puts you in the Naysayer camp too. You will have to eat humble pie if they turn out faster. :p

Caporegime
Well, you have been saying the 2080 will be on par with the 1080ti, just like I have. So I am sorry to tell you that puts you in the Naysayer camp too. You will have to eat humble pie if they turn out faster. :p
Mention any pie and I will eat it (except cream pies - unless I am paid enough of course) :D

Yer, I have been expecting the 2080 to be on par with a bit of give and take either way but do expect DLSS to shine with the 2080 over the 1080Ti.

Associate
True, but nvidia are using vapour chambers as opposed to heatpipes - they work similarly but vapour chambers handle a lof more watts per cm2

Yes, a vapor chamber is more efficient at moving heat from one area to another than heat pipes. BUT, you also have to get rid of the heat and that is where the air fins come into play. The FE has maybe 40% of the fin surface area than something like the FTW3, and the former has at least 50% more airflow.

Doesn't matter if it's 10c cooler if it has no/little further overclocking headroom. Would you pay £100+ extra for that?

Random speculation is pointless. Based historically, keeping temps in check has been more about keeping the card from throttling the sustained boost clock/step than dealing with maximum overclock.

Back
Top Bottom