Are you doing anything with Hue?

Soldato
Got hue setup now, bulb outside with the motion sensor, how no one nicks it didn't realises it was just magnetic.
Bulb in the bedroom.
Is there a way too have Alexa turn on only the lights on the room Alexa is.
So when you say Alexa light on. It only turns on that rooms lights.

Soldato
Got the gu10's in the kitchen now,also got a motion sensor in there and works great,have it set to 1 minutes inactivity and works very well,just have to get used to not watching the light switch off :)

Soldato
Got the gu10's in the kitchen now,also got a motion sensor in there and works great,have it set to 1 minutes inactivity and works very well,just have to get used to not watching the light switch off :)

I've heard that if you turn off a Philips Hue bulb from a light switch, it resets itself? Is that right?

Soldato
Depends what you mean reset ?

I don't know either :p :p

Haha sorry, I don't have any smart bulbs at the moment, but all I've heard is by killing the power to them at the light switch they reset. I think they mean that if you have set it up as a particular colour or something like that, it resets back to its original settings if you turn it off.

Soldato
I don't know either :p :p

Haha sorry, I don't have any smart bulbs at the moment, but all I've heard is by killing the power to them at the light switch they reset. I think they mean that if you have set it up as a particular colour or something like that, it resets back to its original settings if you turn it off.
Yes if you turn them off they go back to white if you have a colour one.
My ceiling ones are white only so not a problem.

Soldato
That's where setting them up for motion etc comes into its own. If you do turn them off then next time the action triggers they'll go back to whatever you have the action set it to.

Mine is variable dependent upon the time of day.

Associate
Yes if you turn them off they go back to white if you have a colour one.
My ceiling ones are white only so not a problem.

We get a lot of power cuts. When power is restored the Hue bulbs automatically turn on as a safety feature, a bit annoying at 3am in the bedroom. we had to put small UPS's on all the lights to prevent this happening every time we get a power cut!! there is currently no other way to prevent them doing this that I am aware of..

Soldato
We get a lot of power cuts. When power is restored the Hue bulbs automatically turn on as a safety feature, a bit annoying at 3am in the bedroom. we had to put small UPS's on all the lights to prevent this happening every time we get a power cut!! there is currently no other way to prevent them doing this that I am aware of..
That don't sound good at all.

Soldato
Hue, anything as good or are the rest poor copues?
I'm sure there is a few out there that are as good but after spending £1000 on Philips I like the name as it's been around for years,i like to think I will get good customer service if anything happens.

That's just my thoughts,I have thought about getting other bulbs but I will stick with Philips.

Soldato
The hue system does seem to be the most complete, offering more options and being able to link up with Kodi/TV interests me
Next month they are releasing some light bars which I will get for behind the TV and then I'm done as I've got all the bulbs I need.

Back
Top Bottom