Sony WH-1000MX2 Multipoint BT troubleshooting

Caporegime
Not really sure if this is best placed here, or in the Iphone forum but since it may be a bluetooth problem thought I'd try here first.

The setup is a pair of Sony WH-1000MX2/Windows 10 using a Bluetooth 4.1 dongle/Iphone 6 running iOS 11.4.1.

Firstly, lets clarify if Multipoint is actually what I'm expecting to be able to do: I should be able to pair my headset to multiple devices, listening to music on only one at a time, but switch between the two "seamlessly". That is, if I listen to music on my phone I should be able to pause/stop it and then switch to listening to music on my PC? Or take a phone call whilst listening to music on my PC?

If my understanding is correct then my headset is successfully paired to my iphone and to my windows PC but I can't pause playback on my computer and then start listening on my phone for example.

Am I missing something?

Associate
Unfortunately the multipoint mode can only connect to two devices if one device has the bluetooth connection set to phone audio only (HFP) and the other is media audio only (A2DP), so only the last of those scenarios is possible automatically "Or take a phone call whilst listening to music on my PC?"

I've got the WH-1000MX2 and it's definitely one of the downsides compared with the Bose QC-35s that can do what you want to do, seamless switching between A2DP audio sources. There is lots of moaning on the Sony forums!

Back
Top Bottom