• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Associate
I am not fussed about the delay, although it would be nice to have it asafp.
My email that I received on 20th August says:

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080Ti (Pre-Order)
Physical Shipment
Model Number:900-1G150-2530-000
This item will ship on or around 25/09/2018

I haven't had any other email to say different (I don't know what their scope for 'around' is though).

Mine says on 20th and got the email on the 24th.

Associate
That's not correct. My pre-order has definitely been delayed.

Who did you order from? Some places as mentioned hand out pre orders like nobodies business, whilst most respectable ones hand out orders on stock levels. Also if you ordered and they don’t have the allocated stock they will send out and email with the ETA date. My ETA is 20th and nothing has changed for me.

Edit - sorry 20th is the dispatch date

Caporegime
Yea that's true but i just find it odd how everyone seems to have beefed up the cooling. The 2080ti has two 8 pin connectors too vs the 8+6 last gen. This makes me think that the reference spec is closer to 300watts vs the 250watts last gen. Might be why everyone has beefed up the cooling?

Some AiB cards are two 8 pin and one 6 pin and they aren’t even their extreme cards. I would image high end ones will have three 8 pin connectors. So yeah it needs a lot of cooling.

Caporegime
I really doubt that the testing in reviews will be 4k only, if the cards good at 4k it will be even faster at lesser resolutions so it makes sense to show that performance off. Especially seeing as RTX is only really going to be doable at the lower resolutions.

Associate
4k would also highlight the faster memory on the new cards, but I don't think many reviewers will stick to 4k even if it is in the guide, the guide isn't binding, and I can't imagine Nvidia would be petty enough to black list people over it, specially if most reviewers ignore it

Associate
4k would also highlight the faster memory on the new cards, but I don't think many reviewers will stick to 4k even if it is in the guide, the guide isn't binding, and I can't imagine Nvidia would be petty enough to black list people over it, specially if most reviewers ignore it
If it's part of the NDA?

Loads hasn't responded. Here's what VideoCardz said when they published the Reviewers Guide benchmarks -
The data we are sharing with you today comes from official Reviewers’ Guide. The numbers in this guide are only a reference for further benchmarking. It is probably an important thing to say that those numbers should not be taken very seriously. Each reviewer has a different testing methodology (different scenario, different testing equipment, a different list of games).

The graphs are based on values (framerate/scores) provided by NVIDIA for their recommended titles. Yes, the word recommended is rather important here too.

In GeForce RTX reviewer’s guide, NVIDIA is not using any other resolution than 4K. So all benchmarks (except VRMark Cyan Room) were performed at 3840×2160 resolution. In fact, the RTX 2080 series were ‘designed for 4K’, as the document claims.

NVIDIA reference system includes: X299 Rampage VI Apex, Core i9-7900X 3.3 GHz, Corsair 16GB DDR4 (no frequency specified), Windows 10 (v1803), NVIDIA 411.38 drivers.

I don't see any reference to reviewers ONLY testing at 4k.

Has anyone seen the full Reviewers Guide? Is it available to download?

Caporegime
If the reviewers have signed up, then they'll have signed up to the 4k only, along with what games they can only test, and at what settings etc...., id have thought.

No doubt ill be wrong though (which won't be the first time), as we'll soon find out :p

Last edited:
Associate
If the reviewers have signed up, then they'll have signed up to the 4k only, along with what games they can only test, and at what settings etc...., id have thought.

No doubt ill be wrong though (which won't be the first time), as we'll soon find out :p
Imagine the bad press Nvidia would get if that was the case.

Luckily it's not as reviewers have already been saying what games they will test and what resolutions.

Associate
I decided to upgrade my 6600k to a 8086k for this launch! So that might give you some idea!

If you only updated your 6600K for playing at 2K, you didn't make a wise choice. You won't appreciate any difference at all in fps.

Again, this is a hobby and it's neat to be on the edge, but there's no need to misinform others. :)

Associate
I have a 4770k and I think at 1440p the cpu is not bottlenecking maybe at 1080 or 720

I can't speak for a hyperthreaded 4 series but I saw significant gains when moving from a 4690K to my current 8700K at 1440p/144hz on a 980 Ti, the bottleneck has shifted to the GPU entirely. With hyperthreading the 4790K should still offer enough grunt in most cases to let one of these cards shine.

Back
Top Bottom