** RAIJINTEK OPHION ARRIVES - IT'S NICE **

OcUK Staff
Available for preorder today, we have the new Raijintek Ophion and Ophion Evo. The Ophion is a small form factor chassis that aims to pack as much hardware support into it's small dimensions as possible. The Ophion has an aluminium exterior with a pair of tempered glass side panels that gives it a premium look from the start. A dual slot 330mm VGA card can be installed vertically using the supplied PCI-E Gen 3 Riser cable, and the Ophion supports Mini-ITX motherboards, 85mm CPU coolers, has space for 3 x 120mm fans and even has a USB3.1 Type-C port on the front I/O. There's room for a 3.5" HDD and up to 3 x 2.5" SSD's or HDD's. In addition, the Ophion Evo has more internal room due to the increased height, and can accomodate a 240mm radiator on the top panel, along with room for an extra 2.5" SSD/HDD.

Stock is due in 7-10 days, and I'm thinking Raijintek have done well with this case considering the cost of the competition. Preorder now!

Raijintek Ophion Mini-ITX Case - Black @ £119.99 inc VAT

Small form factor (SFF) case - 375x174x245mm (DxWxH), Dual Tempered glass side panels, Vertical mounting for Motherboard and GPU, Holds graphics cards up to 330mm long

Only £119.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Raijintek Ophion Evo Mini-ITX Case - Black Window @ £129.95 inc VAT

Small form factor (SFF) case - 375x174x290mm (DxWxH), Dual Tempered glass side panels, Vertical mounting for Motherboard and GPU, Holds graphics cards up to 330mm long

Only £129.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Soo close to pre-ordering the smaller Ophion! From what I can see it's the closest to an N-Case M1 but without the price premium and a bonus with the tempered glass sides. That said it's close to being a rather large mITX case.. Need some reviews to decide!

Soldato
@ChugNorris

I notice Raijintek are now listing this and the Evo in white on their website. I'm assuming this is new as nobody seems to have it in. Will OCUK be getting stock?

Soldato
They've been available for a while as an extra:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-ophion-evo-aluminium-side-panel-set-ca-040-rt.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-ophion-aluminium-side-panel-set-ca-03z-rt.html

The vented area is small though, with quite large spacing between the holes. From user reviews on Reddit, it seems like Raijintek badly missed the mark; temperatures aren't much better than with the glass panels.

The best option seems to be to water cool the CPU and use a vented panel on the GPU side.

Associate
I want the white version but I want to get the vented side panel for the GPU, problem is i can't seem to find the white side panels anywhere.. would be weird to have a white case with black side panels...

Associate
I want the white version but I want to get the vented side panel for the GPU, problem is i can't seem to find the white side panels anywhere.. would be weird to have a white case with black side panels...
Right, I'm currently setting up the white version.
I do still need to source the White Aluminium Side Panels though.

Associate
Just got my white one today too. I actually got vented clear side panel so it wont choke the GPU. Hopefully i can get this all set up on the weekend. I also really want to put a 280mm AIo instead of a 240. quite a few people have done it by drilling holes for the 280.

Associate
Here you go guys, White Ophion and Ophion Evo are live. Stock is ordered.

Raijintek Ophion Mini-ITX Case - White Tempered Glass @ £105.95 inc VAT

Designed for Mini-ITX Motherboards, Brushed Aluminium Finish, Tempered Glass Side Panels, Supports Dual-Slot GPU's, Compact Size

Only £105.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Raijintek Ophion Evo Mini-ITX Case - White Tempered Glass @ £105.95 inc VAT

Designed for Mini-ITX Motherboards, Brushed Aluminium Finish, Tempered Glass Side Panels, Supports Dual-Slot GPU's, Compact Size

Only £105.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Special pre-order pricing? That's a decent saving vs the black versions.

Got the Evo in my basket. Just trying to decide how to cool the CPU. AIO vs Eisbaer Solo vs custom loop (CPU only for now). Already got a spare white radiator upstairs that would do the job well.

Anyone know how much height 90° fittings tend to add? The Eisbaer Solo is 68mm tall. CPU cooler clearance is 90mm. I'm thinking it'll be either very tight, or simply won't fit.

Last edited:
Associate
Thats a really good price. So been messing around with that im going to do with this build, it will eventually get a 3900x or 4**** when it comes out.

So i know the kraken x62 (280 AIO) fits inside, but i would need to drill extra holes to accommodate it.

I also have an arctic 240 AIO which i know performs well. I actually really want to get the new NZXT Z63 as i think the cooler would like fancy in this case.

Some pics of the potential 280 if anyone interested.

mVo0Pgm.jpg

SpzMFAL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom