Bathroom: Full Tile Vs Part Tile

Man of Honour
I'm with those that say full tile for a small bathroom and half if its pretty big. I wouldn't want anything dark though either way.

Soldato
OP
To be fair that is one of the nicer part tiles I've seen.

I think we've decided to full tile the En Suite and Shower Room, then part tile the family bathroom. Gonna be a while before it gets done but at least it's on track.

Associate
@The Craig I think that plant looks great. Definitely keep it. That mirror is pretty nice too! Where can I get one from?

About the towel rail, one of the compromises we made with our house type is that it comes with a small bathroom. Kitchen is absolutely massive. I figure we do most of our living downstairs.

Soldato
@The Craig I think that plant looks great. Definitely keep it. That mirror is pretty nice too! Where can I get one from?

About the towel rail, one of the compromises we made with our house type is that it comes with a small bathroom. Kitchen is absolutely massive. I figure we do most of our living downstairs.

Mirror was from Victoria plum... First one came smashed but they sent out another one no problem (means I've got the innards of another if the electrics go too. It's light up/touch sensored too. Someone on here mentioned they got similar from ebay, not sure if it'll be the same though. )

Fair enough I only have one bathroom :o (altho all downstairs in a bungalow )

Associate
Full tile FTW

s!AkPFANr2PugYgfsYLVGSucl7jPMHNQ

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkPFANr2PugYgfsYLVGSucl7jPMHNQ
s!AkPFANr2PugYgfsYLVGSucl7jPMHNQ

IMO the better the tiles the more you want.

If you pick super cheapo tiles or ones that are going to date terribly, keep them to as few as possible. The more you spend on the tiles, and/or the better they are, the more of them you want to show.

Mine are all part tiled, downstairs loo, 2x ensuite shower rooms, master bathroom. I will only be tiling the main bathroom fully when I refurb them. The ensuites and loo are just do what you need to and go, although master ensuite i think could possibly get more tiles than it has now. Where as the bathroom I feel will benefit from a whole tile layout, as when we go in there for a bath we want it to be more luxurious. The same logic as getting an expensive bath tub to lay and relax in, as opposed to an expensive shower where i am trying to keep shampoo out of my eyes and will be in and out in around 5 minutes.

Associate
On a related note, does anyone have an idea of tiling cost?

I've been quoted £690 to tile around 75% of a 1.8 by 2.5m bathroom. That includes the adhesive and grout but not the tiles or trim.

I reckon it's 2 to 3 days work, so the price is probably about right - agree? South East prices.

Back
Top Bottom